"We need it."
At Caspian's words, Edmund edged closer towards the liquid and lowered his own sword into it, hooking it under the handle of the Lord's blade and lifting it out. Caspian had a protective hand on the Just's free arm, fearing that he may topple. Estelle's lip would surely bleed if she bit it any harder.
"Your sword hasn't turned to gold." Lucy stated, it was a fact that deeply confused the child.
"Both the swords are magical."

"He mustn't have known what hit him."
Edmund was once more nearing the pool, however this time there was an unrecognisable glint in his eye.
"Maybe. Or maybe he was onto something."
"What are you talking about?"
"What are you staring at?" Both Estelle and Caspian shared an alarmed glance and the cogs were turning so fast in her head that she was shocked that the others couldn't hear them. Why was he acting like this?

"Whoever has access to this pool, could be the most powerful person in the world."
Her heart sunk to her feet, Edmund didn't hide the fact that he was sick of being treated like a child but she would never expect him to go this far for the sake of power and respect. This wasn't her Ed.
"Lucy, we'd be so rich. No one could tell us what to do, or who to live with."
"You can't take anything out of Narnia." Cas warned as though he was a fatherly figure.
"Says who?" Edmund dismissed.
"I do."

The High King could only see red.
"I'm not your subject."
"You've been waiting for this haven't you? To challenge me? You doubt my leadership." If Caspian was truly honest, it was more than just leadership fuelling his confrontation, it was Estelle. For as long as he'd known them, Edmund had unknowingly prevented the king from acting on his feelings towards the girl.
"You doubt yourself!"
"You're a child!"
"And you're a spineless sap!"
"Edmund!" Lucy tried to calm her brother but was only met with a shove in return, Estelle pulling the small girl behind her in case the argument turned violent.

"I'm tired of playing second fiddle, first it was Peter and now it's you! You know i'm braver than both of you! Why do you get Peter's sword? I deserve a kingdom of my own. I deserve to rule!"

"If you think you're so brave, prove it!"

Those were possibly the worst words that Caspian could've chosen, he knew exactly which buttons to press and so he did. Estelle couldn't believe that these were the two people that she valued most in her life, and now they were playing a game of who's is bigger. With one hearty battle cry from the younger, the two boys swung their blades at one another. It was violently different to their previous duel, there was now no care for the others safety.

Estelle had enough, they were both behaving like untrained dogs. She shoved her way in between the two children and pushed them apart with all the strength that her arms would allow, not really caring if either fell from the impact. Maybe it wasn't the smartest idea, but the Devoted had made a habit out of not thinking before doing, and so when Caspian's sword nicked her tunic, she only had herself to blame.

"Stop it! Both of you! You claim to be Kings and yet you're acting like toddlers!"
She grumpily stormed away from the boys, it could be seen as dramatic but as long as it got her point across, she wasn't phased. Lucy tried to talk some sense into them, something about temptation and Coriakin, but Estelle would be lying if she said that she was listening, instead she was focused on slowing her heart rate from the anger bubbling inside her.

"Let's just get out of here."
Estelle was first to exit the pit this time, not wanting to hang around the Kings much longer. Her hands met Caspian's but only to shove them away from her sides as she hoisted herself up the rope, she could've used the help, but she also wanted him to understand his wrongdoing, and if pushing him away would achieve that, then so be it.

The walk back to the shore felt long, although it was not in distance. Even the small blossoming of a bud could be heard and Estelle wouldn't so much as glance in the boy's direction.
"What food did you find?" Caspian's voice seemed exceptionally loud in comparison to the eery quiet that enveloped the small group. Estelle almost instantly occupied herself with loading the boats.
"It's volcanic, your Majesty. Not much grows."
"Where's Eustace?" Lucy questioned.
"I believe he's out, not helping us load the boats." Reep quipped sarcastically.