Riri's Appa || 06

Start from the beginning

instead of finding the idea weird or absurd, he catches himself smiling at the thought. "i'm what?" he tries not to smile too wide and holds aera's hand, "say it again..."

"appa,"

yoongi breaks into a chuckle, pulling aera into a hug as he feels a boost of serotonin, hearing the word sounding so cute and beautiful from the girl's mouth, especially for him. he kisses her cheek, then her forehead and whispers, "my baby,"

"i'll show you my ten lines on appa." aera declares, hugging him again, "y'know, i thought i don't have appa... but i have one! i just didn't realise."

"appa..." he repeats as a whisper, feeling too good with himself and aera's words, "goodness, this is better than anything else." he chuckles lightly, kissing her face a few times, earning a sweet giggle from her.

"hm?" aera tilts her head, staring at him as she pulls back, making him smile and shake his head. "let's go home now. my knee hurts."

yoongi stands up, gesturing her to take her bike and buckles the blue colored helmet on her head as she flashes a smile at him before paddling ahead in her sky blue and white colored bike.

"come fast, appa!" she beckons, stopping at the next turning until yoongi runs to catch up with her.

all the way back to home, with the sun setting and darkness taking over slowly only leaving it for the streetlights to glow, yoongi couldn't stop smiling as aera's words repeated in his head. she's just a child afterall and children don't lie. means she actually saw him as a father figure considering that she was pretty young when her real parents had started leaving for business trips and couldn't make much memories with aera for her to remember later.

when aera reaches home and looks back to see yoongi still smiling, she gets off her bike, leaving it near the car that belonged to one of the boys. before she runs back to him, her attention shifts to the pain on her knee, making her pout again as she forgets about going to yoongi and bends down to poke her wound with her index finger only to wince and withdraw her hand back.

"don't touch it," yoongi says, "we'll clean your wound and put a bandaid on it, then it won't hurt,"

"hm," aera nods slowly, glancing at her knee one last time and walks with slow steps after yoongi.

"jimin-ah," yoongi calls, entering the living room and flops on the couch, finding the desired male arching up a brow at him from the stairs, "aera's a hurt a bit, help her out please,"

"oppa," aera mumbles, looking at jimin and points at her knee, "riri got hurt..."

"aw my baby, let me see," jimin puts his phone down, coming towards her and takes a seat on the couch, making her sit beside him. the girl brings up her leg, showing the wound on her knee that has some dried blood now.

"don't worry, we'll make the pain go away," jimin smiles, carrying her in his arms and heads to the kitchen, while her eyes remain pinned on yoongi.

"appa, come with us," she says, holding out her right arm and yoongi nods, assuring her that he's there.

"appa?" jimin frowns, "who are you calling appa?"

"yoongi oppa is appa," aera says as jimin makes her sit on the bar stool, before turning to yoongi with a perplexed.

"you're what?" jimin asks, then turns back to aera, "are you saying oppa? appa means dad, aera. yoongi is—"

"he's appa," aera declares, "my appa, you don't know,"

"i don't know?" jimin stares at her with disbelieving eyes while yoongi laughs, "what have you taught her hyung?"

"i didn't do anything. ask her how she came up with that," yoongi smiles smugly.