They arrive at Liam's house just past eight, walking inside without knocking. It's been a while since Louis' been at his house, but the interior and the colors of the walls are familiar. The house always seems to have a distinctive smell of home cooked meals, and Louis has always had a habit of feeling at home here. Not that he's been over that much, but it happens now and then. Liam's mum adores him, he's pretty sure.

Liam and a few people are already in the living room, slouching on the couches. There are a few opened beer cans and crisp packets on the table, the TV playing music off someone's Spotify account. Louis recognizes Sophia, Liam and Ed, then notices Zayn sitting in one of the armchairs. Louis nods in greetings, reciprocation coming in the form of a smirk and a military salute. Louis is fairly certain that Zayn finds Louis' relationship with Harry hilarious for some reason, or maybe he just enjoys Louis' struggle. Maybe he likes watching people struggle in general.

Louis shakes his head. The only one he's ever known to be described as sinister is himself, and that's not even by someone who dislikes him. His mum actually loves him very dearly.

He takes a seat in Liam's lap (because where else?) and gives Sophia an exaggerated smile. She rolls her eyes, but he knows she's only endeared. He once again wonders if she knows about Harry. Probably.

Niall dumps the pizzas on the table, sits down on the couch and instantly steals an unopened beer from the bunch. Ed punches him in the arm subsequently, so the owner of the beer is found quickly. Louis watches in amusement as they bicker, leaning back against Liam's shoulder.

"Are you okay?" Liam asks in his ear, arm wrapped securely around his stomach.

Louis keeps his eyes on the boys. "Yes."

"Louis."

"Harry."

"I've noticed." Liam's voice is just a murmur, but he's serious and warm at the same time. Louis can smell on his breath that he's had at least one cigarette and a drink of something harder. He's not drunk, though. "Wanna tell me?"

Louis bites the inside of his cheeks. "I don't know where we stand."

"Ask him."

"It's a little hard when he's all 'kiss and go'."

"He's doing that?" Liam frowns.

"Not really. Just today."

"When?" Louis can feel Liam's stubble against his jaw.

"You've got a beard."

"I'm gonna be nineteen soon, I'm allowed."

"Harry's nineteen." Ah, logic.

"You need to stop thinking about him all the time."

"I know."

"Want to smoke pot?"

Louis shakes his head. "Not in the mood."

Liam looks at him. "What exactly happened between you?"

Louis sighs, looking away and shaking his head. "Nothing," he mutters, slumping back against Liam so they're resting back against the chair. Liam lets it go, because he's nice like that. Sophia arches a brow at Louis' disgruntled face and his grumpily crossed arms. "What, Mummy?"

"You're adorable when you're sulking," she laughs.

Louis rolls his eyes, and eventually everyone falls into another conversation, suddenly discussing Stan and the Claire girl for some reason. Apparently something went down on Thursday. Louis couldn't care less. He's feeling a rather annoyed with the boy for the moment. He very much dislikes the way he keeps pushing Jas in his face. Pretty uncool, especially when he was that drunk last weekend.