"So?" The girl shrugged. "It's true."

Robin suddenly felt attached to this girl for whatever reason, whether it was the curiosity of who she was or her compelling personality that she'd gathered so far. "Do you live near here?" It was a stupid question, but it slipped off Robin's tongue.

"This isn't on my way home. I take the road on the left for a while."

"So you live in the rich houses," Robin stated, not even as if it was a question. Living down that road meant you had wealth and respect, two things Robin wished she had her entire life.

"I guess. But I don't really care about it that much. It's just where I eat and sleep," The girl said with an eye roll, if it was supposed to be obvious information. That, or she was annoyed with someone bringing up her family's money yet again, the subject that never dropped. "Where do you live, then? If you're so curious about me, then I guess I'll ask too."

"My neighborhood's a crapchute. Our roof is rotting, and when it storms super heavy sometimes it'll leak into the house," Robin explained. Suddenly a droplet of water hit her shoulder. Robin jumped, startled. "Speaking of."

"I should probably go home," The girl said, standing up from her seat next to Robin. She waved shyly before turning to leave.

"Wait. I never got your name. Mine's Robin, Robin Buckley."

"Nancy Wheeler."

——————————————————

Robin blinked. The same brown curls as that day back in September, except they've poofed into a perm. Robin didn't think she'd spoken a word to Nancy Wheeler since middle school. But Nancy walked into the Family Video, where she was obligated to serve every customer. Steve was just flipping through pages of a magazine, absolutely no help whatsoever.

"Hi, I'm Robin, welcome to Family Video. Do you need help finding anything today, priss? Oh, sorry, I meant miss," Robin hissed, lacing her words with venom. "Need something? Just ask Steve. Or any other boy in Hawkins! Cause clearly that's where you go when shit upsets you, huh?"

Steve glanced up from his magazine, the look in his eyes telling Robin to dial it down. "I'm sorry, Nance. I don't know what's up with her today."

"No, it's alright. I deserve it," Nancy mumbled to herself. She had a gloomy expression written on her face. She tried shooting Robin a smile, but the blonde did not reciprocate. Nancy just grabbed a movie off one of the shelves and brought it up to the counter. "Just this for today."

Robin stepped towards the register, but Steve put his arm in front of her. Nancy handed her cash to Steve, and she thanked him on her way out.

Robin sighed, leaning back into the counter. That was horrible.

"Robin? What the hell was that?" Steve yelled. "Implying she's a slut? Calling her a priss? I mean it was funny to watch- but still! You can't just do that!"

"She said it herself. It was deserved."

"Did she say something to you? I swear, I'll..." Steve cut himself off.

"No. We just... used to be friends," Robin said. "And it didn't end well."

"Are you going to tell me anything about what happened between you and Nancy Wheeler? Because last time I checked you have never mentioned anything about knowing her," Steve exclaimed, shaking his head.