To Feel or Not Feel

Start from the beginning

"JJ?" he offered, gesturing towards the double door. JJ looked from him to the other team member's faces. They all gave her a small smile or a short nod to tell her that they'd agreed for her to go in. She nodded and rose out of her seat, joining the nurse at her side.

"Follow me, sweetie." the nurse said, leading JJ through the doors and into a hallways of doors on each side. Jennifer realized she was much to familiar with the scene of hospitals. She'd been there so often between team members being hurt, herself being hurt, Will being hurt. The only pleasant memory she could associate was giving birth to Henry, but just that memory alone cancelled out all of the bad ones. The thought of her son made her feel better. It always did.

Spencer was in the last door on the right before the hallway forked off in two different direction. The nurse pushed the door open for JJ and let her through, giving her a solemn smile. JJ thanked the woman and entered the room, her heart sinking a bit as she saw the way he looked so lifeless on his hospital bed. It reminded her of when he'd been put in the same position after the team had been kidnapped a few months back.

"Spence..." she whispered, pulling up a chair next to his bed. He remained motionless, his face white and his body looking even skinnier than usual. He had an IV needle stuck in him arm connected to a thin tube. His chest rose and fell, but just barely.

Hesitantly reaching over, JJ ran her hand gently through his hair, brushing it away from the top of his forehead. She bit her lip and looked up at the ceiling, trying hard to keep the tears that were gathering in her eyes from sliding down her face. She took a deep breath and tried to think clearly of what she wanted to do with him next. She couldn't allow him to stay in his home alone anymore. Would she have to send him away to a temporary unit to treat his depression? Even so, it wouldn't be a smooth ride in getting him on board with that.

Looking back at Spencer, JJ put a hand on his shoulder. She'd do whatever it took to help him.

************************************************************************

"I told you, I can't!" Evie yelled, her voice ringing off of the small walls of the cement and wooden room that she had been confined to for who knew how long. Hani was calmly sitting on his spot at the edge of her bed, staring blankly back at her like he didn't understand. She knew he did, but he had just given up hope while Evie still was determined to break away and resume living her life that she loved every second of. Now she was stuck here and she didn't know if she'd ever get back.

"You simply have no choice." Batra explained in a calm voice, his hands folded in his lap. The way he was able to appear so serene was driving her to an even angrier point. "I'm truly sorry." he added. Evie knew he was telling the truth, but she didn't want the truth. She wanted to find a way out as quick as possible.

"I'm getting out of here, one way or another." she muttered with a tense tone in her voice. She gasped at the pain in her abdomen when she sat up, sensing the first sign of any emotion in Hani: fear. He only lost his peace when she compromised her wound. It seemed that's all he cared about.

"Once again, I highly recommend that you don't..."