Goodbye isn't forever

Start from the beginning

Everyone let out nods and response of agreement. "Woah woah woah!" Larry tried to calm everyone down. "Hey guys, it's okay. I'll call the board in the morning, all right? I got some pull now. I'll handle this," he assured. "We're gonna be okay here,"

" 'We?' Do you hear that? Did you hear Daydream Johnny?" Jedidiah laughed. "There ain't been a 'We' since you put us on the 'pay no mind list' and that's a cold place to be, boy,"

"Larry, what's done is done. Even the glory of Rome had to come to an end," Octavius said somberly, staring off dramatically into the distance.

"Would you please not look dramatically off into the middle distance when you say that? It makes me feel worse," Larry grumbled as Octavius continued to look off at the wall. "Look, guys, maybe it won't be so bad," the ex night guard tried to be optimistic.

Alice began to tune out the conversation. It was her last night with Teddy and Sacajawea. It was her last night with Jed and Octavius. It was her last night with Ahkmenrah. That was what caused her the most pain and sadness. The Pharaoh and the Princess had grown inseparable. More than just that Alice had grown to love him. He held the key to her heart.

Alice zoned back in when she felt Ahkmenrah's gentle fingers brush a few strands of hair from her face. "Come, let's spend what time we have left together," he whispered, leading her off into the direction of his exhibit.

The pair walked hand in hand in silence, neither knew what to say to the other. Ahkmenrah worried for Alice, she had never been this quiet. Usually she was always smiling and laughing, but her face only held an expression of sadness.

When they arrived at his exhibit, he muttered a few words in his foreign tongue. In the blink on an eye, a small canopy bed appeared in front of them. Ahkmenrah gently pulled the brunette over and guided her to lay down.

Alice obliged and laid down. She felt the mattress dip beside her, rolling over she placed her head on the Pharaoh's bare chest and draped her arm over his torso. Ahkmenrah pulled her closer as he tried to treasure every moment.

"I'm going to miss you terribly," Alice sniffled as she did her best to not let her tears fall.

"And I you," Ahkmenrah replied. "Alice, no matter what my heart will belong to you," he told her as his brown eyes met hers.

"You will always be the keeper of my heart," she placed her lips on his cheek before laying her back on his chest where she could hear his heart beat. "Do you think we'll ever see each other again?" Alice cried as she could no longer hold her emotions in.

Ahkmenrah's heart broke for the princess. For his princess. "Alice, I would wait an eternity to see you again. I know in my heart, somehow, someway, we will see each other again," he vowed before placing a soft kiss on her lips.

Alice kissed back with passion. She knew this would be their last night together for a long time. Alice believed Ahkmenrah's promise though. The princess felt the Pharaoh deepen this kiss and she adjusted to straddle his lap.

The once sweet kisses soon turned heated and sloppy. Ahkmenrah had one hand tangled in Alice's dark brown locks and the other wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer. Subconsciously, the princess began rocking her hips back and forth.

Ahkmenrah pulled away from the kisses giving them both a chance to breathe. "Careful princess, if you keep doing that things are going to escalate even more then have," he smirked and began to kiss his way from her jaw down to her neck.

Alice let out a soft moan as the pharaoh continued his kissing and sucking. She tangled her fingers in his hair giving small tugs to his scalp. "I love you," she whispered softly causing his kisses to cease.

"You what?" he questioned with his eyes wide, not sure if he heard Alice correctly.

"I love you," she told him confidently, staring into his deep brown eyes.

The pharaoh felt his heart swell at her words. "I love you too, my princess," he kissed her passionately.

As the two pulled away, they saw Teddy and Sacajawea ride up to them on Teddy's horse. Alice and Ahkmenrah held bright grins on their faces. "I'm afraid to inform you that it's time," Teddy told the pair with a sad smile which brought them back to reality.

It was time for them to say their goodbyes.
Tears welled up in Alice's eyes. This wasn't fair. She nodded at Teddy's words and the two royals walked in the direction of where the crates were.

When they arrived Alice could no longer hold back her tears. She let out a sob and flung her arms around Ahkmenrah. He quickly wrapped his arms around her waist, holding her close to him. "Shh," he tried to calm her. " It's alright Alice,"

"No it isn't," she retorted. "It isn't fair," she continued to cry into the pharaoh's chest.

"Alice, look at me, darling," he told her gently. Alice obliged and her brown puffy eyes met his. "This isn't the end, I promise. Goodbye isn't forever," he said before placing a kiss on her forehead.

"I'm going to miss you," she whispered as she kissed his lips on last time.

"You'll always have me in spirit, my love. I shall always think off you," he gently helped her step into her crate.

Alice laid down in the crate, keeping her eyes focused on the Pharaoh's. She gave him a small nod signaling to close the lid. Ahkmenrah gave her one last smile that she returned before closing the lid. All went dark for a moment before Alice fell back into her wax state.