Chapter 7: Never-Never Valley

Start from the beginning

Mei: Save it. Let's get moving.

Both the Jaegers stand and face the northeastern direction to begin your trek to Never-Never Valley.

Later...

You had been walking for a while now and none of you had said a word. Atlas had stopped a few times due Hayley's concern for Boy and you had to wait for her to calm down before continuing. Mei hadn't so much as looked you since you both entered the drift. You continue on in silence, with nothing but the clanking of the Jaegers, until Mei suprisingly spoke up.

Mei: Why didn't you tell them?

Y/N: What?

Mei: Why didn't you tell them you were a Kaiju.

Y/N: I'm not!

Mei: I'm sorry, to me having a bunch of Kaiju blood makes you a Kaiju!

Y/N: I am not a Kaiju okay! Besides, its not like I had a choice.

There was a short silence before you continued.

Y/N: *sigh* I didn't tell them because I was scared.

You see Mei glance at you.

Y/N: When I woke up, the last thing I remembered was Sam, when we were in Adelaide. It was... well, you saw what it was. The next thing I knew I was waking up in a labratory with a bunch of strangers. When I found out what they did to me... *sigh* I just panicked and ran. When I met Taylor and Hayley, I figured it would be best if nobody knew.

You look over and see Mei's sympathetic expression before you both turn away.

Mei: ...Sorry about your parents.

You pause a moment.

Y/N: ...I'm sorry too.

You all continue without a word for while when you come across a series of chasms.

Mei: Here we are, Never-Never Valley.

Taylor: LOA, can you confirm?

LOA: Confirmed. Never-Never Valley is dead ahead.

Y/N: Now I see why they call it that.

In the chasms below, you countless Kaiju of various categories roaming valley, far to many to count.

Taylor: We won't stand a chance, we have to go around.

Mei: Can't, Kaiju man lives right in the middle of it.

Y/N: I've never seen so many in one place.

MIRA: My scanners indicate at least a dozen.

Hayley: How are we going to get through that.

Taylor: Getting through that? We're not. We wouldn't last five minutes down there.

LOA: Two minutes to be more precise.

Taylor: Fine, two minutes.

LOA: One if enduring simultaneous attacks which in these circumstances is very likely.

Taylor: (sarcastically) Thank you LOA. The point is we aren't going through there. We'll get Boy to Sydney and hope for the best.

Hayley: Sydney!? He'll be dead by Sydney!

Taylor: What do you want Hayley?

Mei: Trust me, both are better than the other option.

You look at Mei.

Y/N: What other option?

Mei: Well, I guess the Sisters of the Kaiju.

Taylor: Sisters? You mean like a religious order or something.

Mei: Try a cult. They worship Kaiju, steal women, kill men. They are not the people you want to deal with.

You think back to the time in the alley with those cloaked figures. Could those be these Sisters Mei was talking about? You turn and see Mei galring at you and you remember your minds are still linked and that she can see what you are thinking. You turn your attention back to the conversation.

Hayley: Okay, forget them. What about this Kaiju man? You said he could help.

Mei: Maybe, he could help. I also said he's crazy.

Hayley: He lives with these Kaiju. Maybe they're different. Maybe he found a way to tame them.

Taylor: There are no maybes Hayley. Monsters can't be tamed, any of them.

Mei: Sorry princess, we're not going down there.

Hayley: You are worse than cowards! You're heartless!

The is a moment of silence before an alarm begins to go off in your conn pod.

MIRA: Proximity alert!

Y/N: What? Where?

MIRA: Seven o'clock!

You see Atlas get hit from behind and begin falling down the chasm. From behind them you see the cause of the proximity alert, an Acidquill. You turn to face it when are suddenly slammed in the side and fall down the chasm as well. You crash on the surface and quickly get up.

Y/N: MIRA, what just hit us!?

MIRA: Bone Spur. It's following us down the chasm.

You turn and see the collosal beast sliding down the side of the cliff. As it jumps toward you, you step out of the way and grab your Photon Axe.

Mei: Jeez would you slow down!

You remember that because of the Kaiju blood, you can move a lot faster in the Jaeger than a normal pilot can. It wasn't a problem when you were alone, but now with a co-pilot, you have to start taking it slower.

Y/N: Sorry.

You see the Bone Spur take a wide swing at the Predator with its large fist which you barely evade. It goes for another strike but you position your axe making the Kaiju swing into its edge, cleanly cutting the Kaiju's arm. The angered Kaiju then attapts to take a jab at you but you duck out of the way and take advantage of its vulnerability to trip it. You then take a wide downward swing at the prone Bone Spur, hitting it in the chest.

MIRA: Kaiju defeated.

You look over at Atlas and see that they too defeat the Acidquill that had been pursuing them.

Mei: Good, now lets get out of here.

Taylor: I don't think they will let us.

Mei: Who?

You all turn to see a hanfull of Kaiju blocking your way. You all prepare for the fight of your lives when suddenly, the Kaiju get distracted by something and begin walking away from you.

Hayley: Look, their headed for those smaller Kaiju.

The Kaiju then begin eating the Rippers that had just fallen from what looks to be a hole on the side of the chasm.

Taylor: This doesn't make sense. Kaiju are designed to attack Jaegers.

LOA: I am detecting movement up ahead.

You look where LOA indicated and see a man waving a torch.

Y/N: Uh, is he waving at us.

Hayley: Who cares he's cleared a path. Run!

Both Atlas and the Predator turn toward the side of the cliff and begin to make a run for. You hope that whoever is up there is friendly, and that if he is, he can help Boy.