No Sleep

I go to bed and lay down. I'm worried to death about him. It's the middle of winter. Is he stranded somewhere? So many things are running through my mind right now. I hear my phone ring. I jump up so quickly I get light headed. Sadly, it's not Thomas. It's my friend Emma.

"Hello?" I answer
"Has Thomas came home?" She asks
"no he hasn't. I'm so scared."
"Y/n I'm sure he's fine."
"I hope so."
"Maybe his phone died or something."
"Emma he texted me saying he was 10 minutes from home!"
"Okay, well you need to go to the police."
"It hasn't been 24 hours. He's not a missing person until then so the police aren't going to do anything."
"Well what can you do?"
"Just keeping calling and waiting I guess."
"Okay if you need me, please call."
"I will thanks, Emma."
"No Problem."

I hang up and call Thomas. He answers.

"Baby?"
"Thomas what the actual fuck? Why haven't you called? Where are you? Why aren't you home? I have been worried sick about you. I've called everyone in the damn book."
"I'm so sorry baby, I ran into some car trouble and then my phone died. I should've called you way earlier. Everything is fine I just went ahead and stayed at a hotel. I-"

I interrupt him.

"What hotel I'm coming right now."
"No stay off of the roads. They're horrible that's  why I'm at the Hanson Inn. I'm so sorry baby I will make up to you in the morning. I swear on my life. I just didn't want to risk anything."

I can hear the pity in his voice. I feel really bad. I can't blame him for the car troubles and I definitely can't blame him for staying off of the icy roads.

"No baby I'm sorry for getting pissed. I'm glad you're at a hotel and I'm glad you're okay."
"Don't apologize love, I understand you're upset I don't blame you. I'm really tired. I'm going to bed. I love you so much."
"I love you too. I can't wait to see you."
"Me too, baby."

he hangs up. Thank god he's okay. I've never been so worried in my life.