the perfect child

I was the perfect child, always the one who welcomed the guest with a hug when they ariwed to our family dinner and then stayed too listen when they told me a story about how it was better before. I diden't run away to play with my toys, like my other siblings did. I always sat on a chair or in the sofa trying to give the older lady a good answer on a boring question she had askt.
I never did anything unexpected and I was always following the rules. My favorit color was pink, like the other girls in my class and I loved to read. When I got a little older, some of my friends started to go out on the fridays nights, in the begining they used to ask me, if I wanted to join them. They soon learnd that my answer was no. Evry time.

My parents knew I was good in school and so did they expect. That was why I never could fail on a test, and I never did. I actully liked to be in school, to learn new things and get better on others.
The teatchers loved me for that and sometimes they gave me extra homework so I could improve my studies even more.

That's why it suprised me, when they all, my parents and siblings, was angry about the fact that I liked girls rather than boys.
It upset me, I thought that since I was the perfect child to them that they wouldn't be upset that I did not like boys; that I liked girls. They yelled at me and told me "You can't love girls! Girls are supposed to love boys then get married and have kids! That's how things are supposed to work! Anything else is WRONG!"

I ran to my room crying that night. I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would lose the trust and love of my parents just because I didn't find boys attractive. Instead of saying the good things they used to tell people they now said; "Oh no! She's not perfect! She loves girls! She's confused and messed up in her mind, she'll see one day that girls aren't the thing to go for, that boys are the thing for her."

Now, I never stay with my parents when guests come over, I never am the first one to greet them, I'm not the child they used to know. I'm different now. I'm not the "perfect" child anymore. I am just a "freak" and apparently that's all I will ever be in the eyes of my parents from now on.

And it breaks my heart, to know that they so easely juge after how a persons souls look like. Their own daughter.
Oh sorry? I forgott that I'm not their daughter again, until the day when I'm not sick anymore and I starts to understand how wrong this is (acording to them).

How do you make people understand who you really are if they refuse to open their eyes and see, that the worls isen't black and wite, but it's a rainbow full of colors?

"Okay, this took really long time for me to write and it's my very first story here, so give me a chance. And just so you know; There will be more uppdates coming, but I've got no idea when, becaouse I write this story for myself and whoever wants to read it, and no there will not be regular updates. I'll do my best.
And a hige thanks to MockingjayPentaholic who helpte a lot with this chapter. Love you sómaj"
-Tuva