Surrender (3/4) || 08

Start from the beginning

aera nods with a confident smile, standing up and turns to hug jungkook, "i'll be good an- and wait for you. come back quickly,"

jungkook looks at jimin, letting out a few tears as his crying eyes beg the elder to take care of his little princess with everything he has. jimin nods once, and that's enough for jungkook to believe him as he presses a kiss on aera's shoulder and pulls away, "call him oppa, he's your brother too,"

"no," aera frowns, "you' only my brother,"

"no, sweetheart. jimin's also your brother. he left home when you were still with the angels, that's why you couldn't meet him,"

"oh..." aera turns to jimin, smiling at him a little, "my new brother... wow,"

jimin smiles back at her, reaching out to hold her hand and she gives in quickly, standing by him with a wide grin, "you're so pretty, and i like yo' clothes," she giggles, touching the stars on his uniform.

jungkook stands up then, rubbing his eyes and takes a deep breath, letting down his jacket and the cap, holding both his wrists out, "arrest me now. i've done what i wanted to do," he hushes out, smiling at his sister, "i surrender,"

"jungk—"

he shakes his head to his friend who just approached them, probably seeing what jungkook was doing, "no, hyung it's either they arrest me right now. or i kill myself and die,"

"nooo! koo don't die," aera pouts, hugging his torso, making him smile as he kneels down in front of her.

"i'm not dying, baby," he lies again, but the calm expression makes it so believable that aera nods at once.

jimin and taehyung exchange unsure glances, and the former sees how his friend looks on the verge to probably let jungkook go? so jimin clears his throat, not glancing at his brother and nods for taehyung to arrest him.

taehyung pulls out the cuffs, giving them to jimin instead and staps back, "you should do it," he mumbles and jimin finds himself contemplating hard on that. he gulps the saliva down his drying throat, ignoring the lump gradually building up inside as he brings aera back.

"get up," his voice says and jungkook obeys, holding his hands in the front. jimin nibbles on his lip, shutting his eyes close as he locks his brother's hands, dropping a tear down to his uniform.

"what are you doing?" aera frowns at the elders, "why're you putting that on koo?"

jimin finds no words to answer against the innocence of the sister he just found. so he just shakes his head, clutching unknowingly on the metal chain linking both of jungkook's hands. the younger smiles at aera, holding the crying elder's hand and speaks for him, "we're putting the game to an end, princess. now you won't have to be scared or see the weird people again,"

"oh... but- but why—"

"hush, little one. one question at a time," jungkook blinks his eyes too, staring at her with his glistening ones.

"sorryyy," she giggles, "are we going home now?"

"you'll go with jimin oppa to your new home,"

"and you?"

"i... no more questions, aera. we're done,"