Surrender (3/4) || 08

Start from the beginning

"right," she smiles, putting her spoon down and slips out of the chair, standing closer to jungkook, "and you're my strength, because you' so strong,"

"i've been pretty strong," jungkook smiles sadly, bringing her on his lap and heaves out a tired sigh. he glances at jimin and briefly at taehyung too, "and i don't think i can carry on like this any longer..."

"what does that mean?" taehyung frowns.

jungkook looks at the sister, patting her head as he smiles, "go and see if you want something else," aera slips down from his lap, heading towards the counter where jungkook's friend shows her around a bit more, making sure that she stays busy for a while.

"she's eight already," jungkook starts with a sad smile, "going to school and all. but me being involved in something so immoral and not to mention illegal, is gonna bother her too sooner or later. i don't want my aera to suffer the way i did because of dad. i have rivals and enemies who are always trying to kill me, and honestly no one knows when one of them might be successful. i might die today, or maybe tomorrow or maybe not for a few more months or years, that depends on how lucky i am. but i don't wanna leave aera's life all on my luck.

"she deserves a normal life just like any other kid out there and for that, she needs to leave me," he says, staring right at jimin with a moistened gaze, "i promised her that i'll come back in a week, but the truth is that i won't. what happened today in the mall really worried me about her. i don't even know if i'll be alive a week later or not. you're her brother too hyung, share the same blood and everything. i'm leaving her with you—"

"wha—"

"no, just listen," jungkook emphasizes, "treat her like your own kid, and love her like you'd love your own. please take care of her, i've done a lot to give riri everything in these eight years. but i know i've failed a lot of times because my fucked up job and life. now i don't want her to keep living like this midst danger and uncertainty. take her with you, please hyung,"

jimin heaves out a shaky breath, eyes lifting up from the table now as he finds aera's small body giggling, pointing at a pastry and probably asks the man to give her two of them. jimin closes his eyes inhaling deeply as he focuses on jungkook's words again, knowing that the younger can obviously not keep a child with him considering the mess he had created for himself. and the fact that he did keep aera with him for so long is actually ironical.

"aera," jungkook calls, nodding his head for the little girl to come back and sits her on his lap, "remember your mission?"

"yeah," aera nods, slowly glancing at jimin who stares at her with a soft expression.

"i told jiminie everything," jungkook says, kissing aera's cheek, "he'll take care of you okay? if you need anything—"

"like huggy?"

"yeah," jungkook's eyes hold tears as he nods for his sister, "he'll give my princess a lot of huggies and kissies. he's stronger than me so you'll be safer with him,"

"okay, but i'll go home with you when you come back. i like koo more," she says nonchalantly, leaning against his chest and jungkook lowers his head on her shoulder.

"okay..." he hushes out with guilt of lying to her about such a huge thing.

jimin's eyes hold tears as well, watching the younger crying, behind the child just so she won't see him, "be a good girl for me okay?"