1 white rose

3 years ago (flasback)

Y/N'S POV

After months of admiring her from afar, I finally had the courage to confess to her. I bought the strawberry drink she buys after class, the vanilla perfume she always use, and a white rose to top it all off.

I've always wanted to be friends with her, kaso my school hours in law school is not matching up with her schedule. We also oftenly bump into each other not just sa loob ng campus, but also in cafes, grocery stores, and even libraries.

I started to have a crush on her on my second year, kakadating nya lang dito sa Harvard, she stood out the most in class. Sya yung teacher's pet noon, however hindi lang ito ang reason na nagkagusto ako sa kanya. The first ever reason I had a crush on her was because of her smile.

I decided to do a little bit research about her, and found out that she was the daughter of the vice president of the Philippines.

I always wanted to approach her to be may friend kaso, mas pinangungunahan ako ng takot kasi she might think na I'm a creep for knowing her background. I would just wait for her to finish her classes after school pag napa-aga ako sa classes ko. I would get in the same bus she always rides when going to the campus, since magka-dorm lang naman kami. I was able to do these things without saying anything to her, I only admired her from a great distance.

I was also hesitant to ask her out to be my friend, because I always thought na she had a boyfriend since lagi syang may accompany everytime she goes into the campus, pero buti nalang, I had just confirmed that they we're not dating.

I fixed my hair one last time, checked on my mirror to see if I was presentable enough, checked my breath to see kung amoy acid na ba. I was waiting for her favorite spot in the benches, she would always sit there kasi hindi sya nasisilayan ng araw.

After 30 minutes of waiting and practicing my lines, she finally arrived at her favorite spot. I cleared my throat and fixed my stance.

Ok, Y/N, you got this.

As I was about to walk towards her, the man she was always with her also walked towards her. He knelt down on his knees and took out a ring from his pocket.

wait, kala ko ba hindi hindi nya boyfriend yun?

I wanted to go to her, to take her from him, gusto kong sabihin yung nararamdaman ko, however my body didn't let me. I just stood there, na parang nakadikit ako sa sahig. Gusto kong sumigaw but I couldn't. I didn't know what the man said, pero the next thing I knew, Aika nodded and the man hugged her and gave her the ring.

I looked at the things I bought for her, the drink, the perfume, and the white rose. I clenched my hands while holding onto them.

I felt my breath getting heavy, my chest tightening, I felt my eyes watering. I quickly walked away and wiped the tears falling down from my eyes. I immediately threw out the things I was supposed to give her.

She was my first love, but also, my first heartbreak.