𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖 | 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬

Start from the beginning

I sigh, "She doesn't know."

"Oh shit." Peter makes an o with his mouth.

"You're Spiderman?!" She looks at him with shock. "Did you know this?" She asks Ned.

"I-" Ned stutters, "It was on accident, I've only known for a month or so."

"What?" She pauses, "You all knew this and you didn't tell me? I mean I understand just you two knowing because of you both being Avengers, but if Ned knew and I didn't? What the hell?"

"No, Lex." I sigh, "Ned only knows because I was climbing on the ceiling in Peter's room with him and Ned happened to be there, we didn't know he'd be there." I try to tell her but she won't listen.

"Fuck you all, honestly." She stands up and walks out of my room. I mean I understand she's mad, I would be too because that's a big secret but she needs to listen to us...

"I'm gonna go talk to her." Ned gets up and leaves me and Peter alone.

"I feel like that was a bit dramatic..." Peter tilts his head to the side.

I nod my head, "A little." I agree with him, "You need to learn to keep your mouth shut."

"Hey, she had to know at some point." Peter shrugs.

I bite my cheek, "Yeah, I guess."

My door swings open, "Y/N, your friends need to leave and you are having dinner with Li and I tonight. We have to talk about... things." She says calmly but I know she is angry.

"Uhm, yeah okay." I nod my head. Peter gets off my bed.

"See you later, Y/N" He waves. "You too Mrs. Romanoff."

"Bye." I smile at him, "See you later." He walks out of my room, "What are we eating?"

"Salad and steak, it's ready now so lets go." She tells me, I nod and get up.

Once I am seated at the table, I have my food and I am eating but they are staring so intensely at me. "Can I help you guys?" I finally ask.

"Uhm-" My mum starts, "Y/N, have you ever thought about moving out?"

I wrinkle my eyebrows. "No, why?" I'm lying, no way in hell am I saying the truth.

"Tony, he texted me and asked if I knew about you wanting to move into the compound." She adds.

That bitch.

"We love you, Y/N. We want you here." Lina speaks up.

"So why are you treating me like I'm going to shatter like some glass." I mumble.

"We aren't," Mum argues. "Please just tell me why you want to leave?"

"I-" I look at my plate. "You guys just won't stop worrying about me, and... I'm just nervous that if I live here, Jack can find me." I whisper the last part extremely quietly.

Mum then sighs, "He won't escape, you are completely safe here."

"It's just been hard living here because it reminds me of things that happened." I mumble. "Sometimes my dreams are so realistic and they always happen when I am sleeping here, rarely when I'm at my friends."