*ੈ✩‧₊˚ 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 1 ⚡

Start from the beginning

"Good afternoon, Mx. Do you need help?" asked the brunette as you approached closer.

"Good afternoon. Yes, actually... I received a letter from this penitentiary's warden explaining how a prisoner has requested to see me". You paused for a moment and deeply sighed.

"Their name is (F/N) Pierce". A chill crawled up your spine as you pronounced their name. You were still healing from the event happened two years ago... And you certainly didn't think you would have to see their face once again. 

"You must be their cousin?" the taller one finally spoke up. Cousin? Was that really the lie (F/N) decided to go for?

"That's right". You went along with the lie. After all they wouldn't let you in if they knew you weren't part of (F/N)'s family. But the guards didn't look convinced.

"(Y/N) (L/N)...". You assumed, and hoped, (F/N) introduced you with your real name and last name: it would've been safer anyway, in case they demanded to do a background check.

"Please follow me then, Mx (L/N)" said the taller officer. You let out a quiet sigh of relief.

The big doors finally opened and you followed behind the guard; as soon as the two of you entered, yet another officer appeared and quickly ran outside, in the same place the guard that was accompanying you used to stand at.

You walked through what you thought were endless hallways, taking quick glances at the various cells. The prisoners constantly stared at you, which made you feel a bit overwhelmed...

Finally, the officer stopped and pointed at a cell a few steps away. You assumed that was (F/N)'s cell and walked closer.

And there they were, sitting on their bed, lost in thought. You made an ,, ahem ,, sound to get their attention, which worked.

"(Y/N)! So at last you came... my dear cousin" (F/N) snickered, but you simply glared at them.

"I demand explanations" you said in a serious tone. You didn't plan to let (F/N) get to you, even though it pained you to look at them in the eyes.

"You could at least pretend to be happy to see me... It's been so long!". (F/N) twirled around in their cell. Perhaps the prison life had gotten into their head.

"Why did you wish to see me in a place like this? Do you enjoy being imprisoned so much?" you mocked them, a slight grin escaping your lips. (F/N) chuckled.

"From my perspective, it is you the one behind bars". You began thinking (F/N) simply wanted to waste your time.

"Enough joking around". You didn't plan on giving in (F/N)'s attempts to irk you. 

"Alright, alright... A little bird told me you've gained interest in investigating. Do you wish to become a detective now?". They giggled at your shocked face; how did they know about your researches? Maybe you were never safe from them.

"Have you sent someone to spy on me? Are you that obsessed with me?"

"You should speak for yourself, you've been the one constantly searching for informations about my family". The two of you tended to jokingly banter a lot when you were younger, it seems like you haven't changed much from then.

"Well, today is your lucky day! You'll finally find the answers you were so desperately seeking for". Your eyes widened and (F/N) couldn't help but laugh at your surprised expression.