" Oh my god.. I'm so sorry Bela let me wipe it off.." said Mahir getting closer to her when they heard the priest say "nahi beta.. ase mang ke sindoor ko nahi pochte.. woh ab tumhari ardhangini hai aur tum uske pati... Agr us sindoor ko pocha toh tumhari jaan ko khatra ho sakta hai.."

Bela heard ans stiffened at her place.. she was having mixed emotions.. she felt shocked.. nervous.. but happy.. anyway she was getting married to him tomorrow but this happened so unexpectedly that she couldn't help but be shocked.

" It's fine Jaan.. ase bhi kal shadi honi he hai.. and you know bhagwan bhi chahte hai ki humari shadi jald se jald ho.. aur yeh jodi hamesha salamat rahe.." he said hugging her from back making her smile eventually.

Present...

" So ab app log he bataiye.. jab Bela already meri patni hai toh woh kaise kisi aur se shadi kar sakti hai?" He asked specially facing Ani maa who was more religious and had traditional views .

" Kya.. kya saboot hai ki tum sach bol rahe ho?" Asked Kabeer angrily..

" Yeh bhi sahi hai.. ajkal log saboot ke bina kaha kuch mante hai.. Yuvi saboot ke le aa.." he asked smirking at him who nodded and left ... After some minutes he came back followed by the same priest who was there on the temple that day.

" Toh batiye pandit ji.. uss din exactly kya hua tha?" Mahir asked crossing his arms over his chest.

" Uss din yeh dono mandir aye the ek pooja aur charave ke liye kyunki agle he din in dono ki shaadi thi aur Sumitra ji ne kaha tha ki yeh pooja shadi se phle karni unke parivar ko salo purana riwaaj hai. Pooja acche se ho gaya tha bas charava baki tha tabhi anjane me kehlo yeh mata raani ki marji Mahir bete ke hatho Bela bitiya ki maang bhar gayi thi... Woh toh sindoor mitana chahte the par maine rok liya tha kyunki woh ashubh hota hai aur aise bhi shayad mata rani ki iccha thi ki in dono ko shaadi ase ho.. aur mata rani ki marji kaun taal sakta hai.." he explained politely leaving everyone baffled other than Mahir , Vikrant and Yuvi..

" Tumne yeh sab pehle kyu nahi bataya Bela?" Asked Ani maa angrily holding Bela's shoulder when she looked at the ground feeling guilty.

" Main.. main is shadi ko nahi manta.. and they are not legally married damnit. Main.. main nahi manta ase shadi ko.." Kabeer said taking away his turban and holding Bela's hand ..

" Hume iski bakwas sunne ki jarurat nahi hai Bela.. chalo hum shaadi puri karte hai ." He said and was pulling her towards the alter when a hand stopped them .. when they looked at the hand and then the person it was Mahir.

" Kisne kaha hum legally married nahi hai?" He asked raising his brows.

" Although ek rishta kisi kagaz ka mohtaj nahi hota but tum jaise logo ko lawand legal papers me jyada Biswas hia na so here you go." Said Mahir and clapped hisbhand twice to which Vikrant who was in his black formals with white shirt looking like a professional lawyer who he actually was came forward shoving a file infront of them.

Both Kabeer and Bela looked at the file confused... Kabeer looked at Bela who looked at him with no emotions.. he let go of her hand and took the file and started reading out the contents.. not a minute after which he looked at Mahir shocked who just stayed there smirking at him.

" Kya hai yeh Kabeer?" Asked Ani maa but her voice went in deaf ears as Kabeer was too devastated.

" Kabeer?" Ani maa called him again but he was lost staring at Bela with his eyed teared up. Ani maa sighed frustratingly and grabbed the file from him to look at the context inside and when she did she looked at Bela angrily.

" You are married to Mahir.. this are the marriage certificates.. and you were kidding with us till now? You were about to destroy my Kabeer's life... Who do you think you are huh?" She screamed on her face grabbing his shoulders tightly.

Bela didn't said anything as she was just so confused hearing the marriage certificate.

" Why did you do this Bela?" Jaanvi asked equally hurt.

" Jaanvi .. Ani maa I..." Bela couldn't form words as she was already crying looking at the people who have supported her in her hard time was now badly hurt by her...

" So I guess that was it.. I made it clear that Bela is still my legally wedded wife ... So this marriage is cancelled.. and with that I would like to take back my wife with me.." says Mahir looking at everyone and finally stopping his gaze on Bela who looked at him angrily. Her eyes red and tears already flowing out .

Bela's POV

What ghe hell just happened right now?

Isn't that what you wanted?

I did.. I did wanted this marriage ti get cancelled but not like this. I know what Mahir said is true.. I am.. ugh... Actually married to him because he indeed filled my hairline with the vermillion that day but was that really a proper marriage? Really? We didn't do any other ritual of the wedding day! How can that even be considered as a marriage?

Vermillion matters dumbo.

Okay fine.. I agree I'm married to Mahir.. I'm his wife with the traditions and customs but what the fuck was that legal crap?

From where did that marriage certificates emerged? Like when did we do the court marriage thing? I don't remember signing on any certificate or any register that too for our marriage!!

Then how?

I looked at my surrounding.. the guests were whispering among themselves.. Rosa and Jaanvi looked angry giving me those hating gazes while Ani maa was beyong hurt and pissed.. she kept giving me disgusted looks... But mainly Kabeer.

He didn't said a single word.. he was so lost and numb that he kept on staring at me with his eyes showing no emotions.

I have hurted him badly...

Like real bad...

I felt Mahir's hand gripped my wrist...

" Let's go love... Let's go to our home .. our family is waiting.." said Mahir lovingly which pissed me off more.

I really have no option.. like I just couldn't be here and face the people who have supported me when I needed someone the most.. who have given me shelter.. love and comfort.. whom I have ended up hurting badly.. I shouldn't be here anymore.. hence I decided to go back with Mahir which seemed the safer option for now..

I glanced at kabeer for the last time.. I didn't had anything left to say hence I whispered a sorry to him and let Mahir drag me out from there.

I was leaving Singhania Mansion.. may be forever... And was going back to India to the mansion where I had immense memories stored.

Definitely life is going to take another turn.. I'm going to get myself back to my past but this time not to get myself involved in that..

This time I'm going back to cut all the ties for once and all... And once I do I'll leave from all of these people's life and never ginna turn back or be with anyone.

This time I want to be alone.. I have hurted a lot of people as well as myself. I am thankful to Mahir for breaking off this marriage.. the consequence is good but the cause was devastating.

I won't be able to face Kabeer and his family ever after hurting them so badly.

And I don't have the courage to face my family back in India too.

I don't know what's going to happen when I'll be in India.

to be continued..

Hello everyone!
Here's the next part..
Hope you all liked it and if you did then don't forget to vote, comment & share.
So they are actually married but what do you think about the marriage certificate thing?
Do let me know in the comment section.
See you all soon!
Love Love ❤️
Total_words: 2000