The Confession

Magsimula sa umpisa

I knew the doctor very well, he of course had a plan.

-Doctor POV-

I knew deep down it was wrong to shut myself off to y/n. It was so painful to look at her and see all the pain she had carried on her shoulders these years. But I knew my silence would be our key to escaping. Because I knew the master better than anyone. So I would stall until he came in here, then would come his confession. I would get y/n the truth from his mouth.

I looked over at her, sitting on her bed with her face in her hands. My eyes glazed over her face, taking in the new features and where they connect. Her e/c, the little freckles across her nose, her short h/c hair. The age had started setting in her cheeks, she had aged even further. My mind flashed back to Venice, what she said, "one day."

Suddenly my time lord mind opened, I looked over at y/n again, and we locked eyes. I looked above her eye, no scar.

Oh, this was brilliant, I finally understood.

-

The door swung up as the master entered. He looked around and saw y/n, she walked towards them. "Please for me just let them go. You have your proof the doctor wants nothing to do with me now." I looked away from the both of them and to Jack. I secretly pulled out y/ns sonic device from my back pocket and threw it towards him.

"No! It's not possible, the Doctor never gives up on those he cares for!" He grabbed her by her wrist. "Come on Doctor even though she's mine you must still find it in your heart to love her! See her potential!" he cackled.

"Why do you care?" I said. It took him by surprise.

"Because she's my daughter and I want her to be special, isn't that enough?"

"No, not for you. She's probably not even your only child." I hear jack gasp loudly. I rolled my eyes, and I walked over gently grabbing y/ns hand. "why is she so special to you? And why do you need me to say how I feel? Wellllllll the only logical explanation is that you'll use it to hurt me, but here's the thing master. Nothing y/n could do would ever hurt me. Most of all because of who she is, or should I say was." Jack gasped again.

"Wait doc what do you mean was?" Jack walked over to y/n patting her back.

"All these years I wondered why y/n was so special, different than any human I've ever met. Her home filled with nostalgia items and nick-nacks, your impressive Beatles collection..." I looked at her. "I've stared at that face for hours wondering. She's part human part-time lord that's obvious, which has happened before." Her eyes went wide, I padded her arm. "But last time I saw y/n she had a faded scar over her eyebrow, now it's gone."

The master's face went white, he stepped back and headed for the door. "Now Jack!!!!" I yelled. He turned on the sonic towards the door. The master held his arms out in surrender.

"Y/n listen I'm so sorry okay, whatever he says don't listen to him it's not true." She walked along the cement-walled room to a mirror and looked at the now non-existent scar. She turned back at him, throwing something off her table in his direction.

"ALL THESE YEARS YOU'VE BEEN LYING! Telling me how important I am! How the doctor would love me because of who I am!" I felt my heart drop, she had it all wrong. "Doctor why is the scar gone?" I looked down, I couldn't bare to tell her.

"Y/n you... you..."

"Tell me Doctor please, the truth," I promised her I'd never lie to her.

"Y/n you've regenerated." The master cowardly stood in the corner. "It should be impossible but you have," she nodded. I touched the corners of her eye, down to her cheek. "You're older now than you were y/n."

"I don't understand. How have I regenerated but kept my face? You change yours, at least that's what you say." We both looked to the master.

"I...don't know. Every time you just keep your face. I thought it was your human DNA staying the same. Your body just stays at the same basic status. You can age forward or backward but can never change your physical DNA." She went to jump at the master but I held her back.

"There's more," I sat her down on the bed. "Y/n I don't think this is the first time you've regenerated. You came to visit me, that night in Venice? With Bach?"

"I remember the night but... I wasn't with you. I went off into the villa."

"No I mean a version of you saved me from the pyrovile. I never told you cause I knew it could interfere with your future." She looked down, I grabbed her hand. "You've regenerated since, and every time you do."

"She forgets." The master interjected. "I was just trying to protect you don't you see? Give you a fresh start with me. I thought the doctor would come here and see who you are finally and then trigger your regeneration. That night when you snuck out to save him you entered his timeline wrong, you were severely injured and regenerated forward 10 years." He took a deep breath, and from his pocket, he pulled out a confession dial. "These are your memories, every regenerations memories. It was going to be your Christmas present."

She grabbed it from him. "You held me captive, lied to me, kept me from the Doctor, and held me back from myself. We're leaving and you'll never see me again."

The master nodded. I grabbed y/ns hand and opened the door with her sonic. She intertwined her fingers with mine.
-

We walked out of the master's base and headed towards the Tardis. Y/n laughed as she looked down at my hand.

"Whot? Whots so funny?" I laughed, I missed her smile.

"Your ring! You kept it on?" She smiled up at me, her e/c eyes glistened under the stars.

"Welllllll, Of course, you're my wife after all. I made a vow! For better or for worse."

"Jack was right... that is weird to hear." We laughed outside the Tardis overlooking the abandoned planet and master's base. The Cybermen ships started flying out of the atmosphere. I turned to her and grinned.

"What?"

"Nothing I just. I... I love,"

Suddenly her body fell into mine. She let out a painful, shattering scream.

"NO!" I looked behind her and the master was holding a gun, the same gun I had shot him with before. I pulled my hand from behind her back, blood covered by palm.

He collapsed to the ground.

"I'm sorry, I.. I."

I didn't have time to think, so I pulled her into the Tardis. Holding her limp body, "Come on y/n! Come on!" Gold regeneration energy enveloped her body. "Yes come on!" I remembered, grabbing the confession dial, I plugged it into the Tardis and then connected it with her. "Please work!"

I knelt next to her and waited, hoping she would wake up and come back to me.

Sorry for the super long chapter everyone! I had a difficult time trying to find the right way to weave the story. But I think we're wrapping it up! I'll probably do about two or more chapters and maybe pick it up later but I just want to say thank you for all the love and support!

Can't wait to finish y/n and the Doctor off right!

Please feel free to leave feedback in the comments below! (maybe about some one off chapters you'd like to see with y/ns character! Like y/n meets the 12th doctor or rose etc)
👇🏻