¹ᵏ ˢᵖᵉᶜⁱᵃˡ, ᵗʰᵉ ᵖʳⁱⁿᶜᵉˢˢ ᵉⁿᵈⁱⁿᵍ

Start from the beginning

not that attending an exclusive event where the two of you get to see each other all dolled up is a bad anniversary date.

momo wears her normal summer hero costume, nothing too special, so she's looking forward to seeing you in formal attire. momo turns around on your living room couch when you finished getting changed and smiles wide. your heart pounds, when you notice how she looks at you: with pure adoration.

"dear, look at you," she hums, getting up from her place and pecking your lips sweetly, "you're beautiful."

"shut up," you huff, flustered by her compliment; she laughs, kissing your cheek before heading out.

you follow right behind momo, feeling lucky to be by her side.

close, but this is not the moment you knew you loved her.

-💐-

"do i have to go with you?" you huff as momo adjusts your shirt's collar.

"yes," she replies, furrowing her brows. "i don't understand why you're so against coming to this party; you said you wanted to meet my class."

"yeah, i said i wanted to meet them for business, not for some bullshit mingling."

"why don't you do both? because i want my friends and my girlfriend to mingle."

you frown, "does it have to be now though?"

"if not now, when?"

"never sounds good to me," you smirk at the way her eye twitches in annoyance.

she turns her nose up at you, grasping your hand and pulling you to her dorm building's front door.

"too late, we're already here."

you sigh, hanging your head low in defeat.

walking up the stairs with momo by your side, you can hear the music playing upstairs (in their common room), and you're already dreading joining them.

the stark contrast between you and momo as she opens the door is comical. the class's party turns to the entrance to find momo, a ray of sunshine who is so happy to be there that sparkles swirl around her figure, and you, a living embodiment of a storm cloud with such a prominent resting-bitch-face that no one would be surprised if you barked. so blatantly opposite, yet you two are holding hands as if you were one.

looking at you, the class seems to collectively hold their breath; momo doesn't notice the tension at all and begins to merrily introduce you.

"hello everyone, i'm very sorry that we're a little late! but i'd like for you to meet my girlfriend, y/n l/n. she's in the business department," she smiles cutely, presenting you to her class like she's in show-and-tell.

"hey," you wave politely, getting over your reluctance to smile in the pursuit of leaving a good impression on these potential clients. "nice to meet you all."

"aren't you...mad-dog senpai?"

you deadpan, and the air clears in an instant to accommodate their jovial laughter. people start to come up to you, introducing themselves. you take mental notes of who interests you now and who had your interest before. eventually, you greet a vague acquaintance from work.

all spite's son.

"oh, hi," he says monotonously, but you see a glimmer of recognition in his heterochromatic eyes.

"yo, good to see you again." you don't know shoto todoroki that well, but he doesn't seem to respect endeavor all too much, so you don't think he's a prick. momo comes over, passing you a drink, which you sip immediately.