Surrender (1/4) || 08

Start from the beginning

"i never said that," the chief shrugs his shoulders, pulling a chair in front of the two men and takes a seat, "what i mean is that you're the only one among us who might know how to reach that bastard. we need to get him, jimin, or are you okay with letting that murderer wander around the city freely killing more people?"

jimin looks down, inhaling deeply and nods slowly, "i'm sorry sir," he mutters, groaning in his hands as he buries his face in the palms, trying his best to think of something that would help him get a grip on jungkook.

"i'll help you don't worry," taehyung smiles assuringly at his friend, massaging the back of jimin's neck as he glances at the chief, "give us some time, we'll think of something."

"do whatever you want as soon as possible, we don't want more deaths, yeah?"

"yes, sir," taehyung stands up, shaking hands with the man and watches him take his leave, heaving out a deep sigh when he turns to jimin and dumps himself on the chair, "damnit min yoongi can be crazy,"

"he is crazy," jimin rolls his eyes, "i don't get him! he was the one who didn't let us arrest jungkook last time when we actually got him and now he's up my ass for it? i'm sure someone paid him!"

"i think so too," taehyung massages his temples, "now we don't have anything against jungkook, how are we gonna get to him all over again?"

"we have to," jimin grits, cracking his neck in anger, "—anyhow. i'm gonna get that guy by hook or crook. he's ruined my life enough,"

"hm that's the spirit," taehyung chuckles, following jimin out of the room as they head to the cafeteria, "i've heard he has a kid with him these days,"

"what?" jimin frowns, stopping abruptly on hearing his friend's words and shakes his head, "no, how? a kid— wait, since when?"

"i'm not sure, i've heard sources that he was seen with a kid a few days back. do you think he has a daughter or something?"

"i have no idea, tae. how does he have a child out of nowhere now?"

"god knows,"

"what if he kidnapped someone?" jimin says.

"a hamburger for me," taehyung says to the man over the counter before glancing at jimin and shrugs his shoulders, "jeon jungkook can do anything," he sighs deeply while jimin shakes his head, pulling out his vibrating phone and scrunches up his face.

"sir," jimin answers the call firmly in his police officer tone, "yes sir, right now? sure." his eyes dart towards his friend who groans silently, motioning his hand for the guy behind the counter to cancel their order.

"can't even eat now!" taehyung hisses, following jimin out of the cafeteria.

"the car is waiting outside. it's a heist," jimin informs, jogging out of the building, saluting to the chief once before taking their leave. taehyung sighs, giving his phone to the officer in the front for the tracking system and checks his gun to make sure he wasn't running out of bullets right now.

"i don't have any extra..." he nudges jimin, making him roll his eyes.

"not like we're allowed to shoot anybody, tae. it won't be a problem even if you just have an empty gun with you," jimin says, putting on the bulletproof vest and gives the other one to taehyung.

"right," taehyung sighs, "heist where by the way?"

"the mall," the officer front says, "they've held people hostage,"

"ah crap, then we do need bullets," jimin hisses, checking his gun and well and nods on seeing all six bullets in place.

"how many?" taehyung asks.