{Chapter 1}

Another week at Hacketts Quarry summer camp, Jacob has gotten over Emma and is focusing more on doing his job then worrying about past flings. Dylan has started thinking about Jacob as more than just a friend and is doing really well at hiding it. 'Hmm did I leave my camera behind?' Jacob thought to himself, then he felt a hand on his shoulder and naturally jumped at the feeling. He whips around to see Dylan standing behind him holding his camera "oh shoot sorry dude, I forgot you're still a bit jumpy after what happened the last time we were here.." Dylan apologises rubbing the back of his neck "oh no no it's cool man, we're all still a little jumpy. If I'm being honest I think the kids are taking advantage of our jumpiness" Jacob reassures, the two let out a hefty laugh before deciding to join the others for an end of shift campfire party.

"Sooooo, Jacob, anyone you've been thinking about?~" Emma inquires "you haven't asked me to.. you know.. at all since coming back" Emma adds, Jacob looks up "oh yeah uhh about that, I've just decided it's not really worth it? I mean I can always find someone else for a long term relationship" Jacob answers with a goofy grin on his face. Emma scoffs and rolls her eyes before Kaitlyn interrupts "hey hey hey, we're here to have fun, not that kind of fun but silly kids fun" Emma sits down looking away from everyone else "wait.. didn't we do this before... that?" Nick asks with a weary quiver, everyone goes silent looking slightly traumatised Abi jabs Nick in the ribs "ow! I'm just saying" Nick protests rubbing his rib "well you didn't need to" Abi responds.

"Sooo are we playing good ol' truth or dare, or are we playing something else?" Dylan asks "I'm cool with truth or dare" Jacob responds "I guess I'm cool with it, I am still upset with what happened last time" Abi adds " it wasn't that bad, I liked last time" Emma buts in "so it's settled! Truth or dare it is" Kaitlyn chimes in "I'll start" Ryan adds "hmm let's see... I pick, Abi, Truth or Dare" Ryan asks "Uhmm I'll go with truth" Abi responds "Hm do you have any 'embarrassing' drawings??" Ryan asks, with a stutter of pure disbelief Abi responds "of course not! I mean I've thought about it, every artist has but I've never gone through with it... I mean unless your talking about drawings of like crushes then yeah I have" Ryan nods and signals for her to go "oh right uhhh Emma! Truth or Dare?" Abi asks "Dare, I wanna do something risky" Emma responds with a smug look on her face "ok, I dare you to.... Smack yourself across the face" Abi replies smiling "ok that's a bit rude but fine" Emma responds before smacking herself across the face "my turn, Jacob~ Truth or Dare?~" Emma asks flaunting "uhh, I'll go with truth" Jacob responds feeling somewhat anxious wondering what Emma could've planned for a dare "fineeee, are you still obsessed with me?" Emma asks, rolling her eyes "uhh no not really, I've decided to focus more on the job and my fitness rather than something that was never going to last" Jacob responds, everyone turns looking shocked "no way, Jacob has gotten over it!" Nick chimes in with a celebratory laugh "I'm proud of you Jacob!" Kaitlyn exclaims laughing a little, Emma scoffs and folds her arms clearly offended being labeled 'something that was never going to last' "ok ok ok my turn, Kaitlyn, Truth or Dare?" Jacob asks "Dare, you know I love a good dare" Kaitlyn responds "ok I dare you to climb that tree and jump into the lake" Jacob dares pointing at a large stable tree hanging over a deep part of the lake "on it" Kaitlyn responds jumping up enthusiastically.