She got startled for a second. "Get off me"

She hates hugs, but her love language is physical touch. I still don't get how that works, but of course I let her go immediately. "Whatever the annoying princess wants." She's been annoying me with the whole Steve situation, it's fair if I annoy her too.

"One, you know I hate hugs from behind, two, do not call me princess, three, I am not annoying" as she turned around to face me.

"One, actually you don't it's just the person who gives them that make you think you hate hugs, two, you hate it and I will keep calling you that just to annoy you. As your best friend, that's my job, three, yes you are"

She scoffed and there we were, standing staring at each other when we started to laugh out of nowhere. Val fell to the ground from laughing too much. I extended my hand to her to help her get up.

"Why are we best friends?" she said between laughs

"blame destiny"

she pulled me in causing me to fall next to her. "seriously Edds, we don't believe in that crap"

Touché. "yeah but we met because of something, I guess" as I shrugged my shoulders.

"we met because I stood up for you, way back in elementary. We were basically tiny humans back then"

Oh yeah, she was totally right. I still remember that day.

*FLASHBACK STARTS*
STILL EDDIE'S POV
"look it's the loser" David said

"why don't you go cry to your friends, oh right you don't have any" Ben added.

I don't fit in with the other kids, I haven't figured it out why, I just don't, but I don't mind being alone.

"Hey!" I heard a girl say

We turned to the direction of that voice.

"Leave him alone"

David scoffed. "Go play with dolls"

"Yeah, don't defend this loser, he has no friends"

"Yeah he does, I'm his friend" as she was approaching us closer.

"dude let's go,"

David scoffed again. "No, I will keep bugging this loser. She can go, or I'll bother her as well,"

I finally was able to see her face. She looked pretty.  She straight up punched Ben. "try me"

They quickly left.

She sat down next to me. "Those guys are jerks"

"You didn't have to lie." I mumbled

"About what?"

"Us being friends"

"Right. Well we can actually be friends now" as she extended her hand to me "what do you think?" she said smiling

I smiled back as I greeted her hand.

"I'm Val Hailey Anderson by the way, but call me Val"

"Edward, but I go by Eddie"

"Nice to meet you Eddie,"