I stared at him and nodded stiffly. He looked down as I began writing. I focused as much as I could on the paper, but every once and a while I'd feel his eyes on me. I glanced up every once and a while, his eyes darting away as mine met his every time. I let all my thoughts pour out onto the page. Words of encouragement, words to light a fire inside the people, words to strike their emotions. It all came to my mind as I wrote:

Will you stand with us?

Will you take your chance to better our world?

Do you long to see the sun shine above us all?

Our government does nothing to help. It is up to us.

Join the movement for those who cannot.

Fight for those who cannot.

Man the barricades.

Fight the fight.

I read over it, fighting with myself over if it would even work. I crumpled it in my hands and shoved it away, grabbing a new one. I huffed and went back to work. In the silence, ideas came to me and I instinctively wrote it all down again. I prayed this one would be better. I can't settle for something I wasn't proud of. I took slow breaths and felt the feeling of eyes on me. I brushed it off and kept on writing. This had to be perfect.

After a few hours of writing, I sat back and held the leaflet up to my eyes. Those who had gone out had begun to return in waves to finish out the meeting. I slammed the paper down on the table, making Enjolras glare at me.

"Was that necessary?" he asked.

"Yes. Check it over," I said, sliding it toward him. He took it from the table and held it up, his eyes skimming the paper. He nodded and looked up at me.

"It's good. Thank you," he said.

"Pleasure to be of service," I responded. As I looked at him I saw the hint of a smile spread onto his lips. I opened my mouth to say something else to him, not being able to stop myself. "You-"

A pair of hands slammed onto my shoulders and caused me to jump. My face changed instantly as I registered what had happened. Enjolras smirked and looked beyond my head.

"Glad to see you kept busy," Marius said from behind me. I groaned at him and turned around.

"I would've been more busy if you had let me go," I snapped at him. He shook his head and folded his arms.

"Do you ever stop?"

"You know me. Of course I don't."

I leaned against my chair as Marius walked around the table and sat next to Enjolras. I watched him as he laid down extra leaflets onto the surface. He stared at me with that look I had grown to despise. I glared back at him in warning, praying he wouldn't bring up his new favorite topic of conversation.

More people filed into the room and sat down, joining quiet conversations all around us. I looked away from Marius and heard his voice mumble something to Enjolras. I heard Enjolras scoff at him and Marius chuckled. When I looked at them again Marius was eyeing me as Enjolras looked anywhere but at me. I squinted, curious about what he had said to him. I couldn't read him at all. There was no hint to what he had said.

Enjolras looked at Marius after a moment and took a breath.

"Am I taking her again?" he asked. Marius nodded at him.

"It's too obvious for her to be with me." Enjolras nodded at him and then looked at me. He stood up and walked toward me. He then looked at the group and cleared his throat.

"You're all dismissed," he said loudly. They all stood and began to leave, grabbing their things. I stood up and looked at his face. He glanced at me and pushed me toward the stairs.

I walked in front of him and as soon as we were outside I felt his hand on my back again. My heartbeat quickened as he did and I couldn't control it as we walked. The whole time he had his hand on me and I tried to focus on where I was going but it was proving impossible. All I could see was him.

His hair, his eyes, the smirk he gave me when he got under my skin, the way his eyes glistened when he was speaking, the passion that took over his voice, the way he carried himself, his stupid face.

I blinked harshly and tried to wipe it all away. I couldn't focus at all. I looked down at my feet and tried to erase him out of my thoughts. We neared the small house and he brushed past me to open the door. He held it open for me as I walked inside. That was when our eyes met and everything in me lit on fire. My breath hitched in my throat and my stomach twisted. He looked into my eyes softly. I had barely ever seen him with that look before. He walked toward me, pausing briefly right in front of me.

Then he walked past. I remained in my spot, staring at the door. I tried to catch my breath as quickly as I could before he could realize. I turned and walked quickly to the room he had let me sleep in and shut the door behind me as he sat on the couch he slept in. I placed my hands on my hips and took a moment in silence, glancing back at the door.

What has become of you, Hyacinth?