Ash discovered this loophole shortly after he became Champion, thus he was the first person to Mega Evolve more than one Pokémon when he was battling.

Pakura simply shrugged at them

They head to the arena

"From the Green side, we have Leader Brock, and Leader Misty!" The two Gym Leaders walked out to the Arena waving to the audience.

"And from the Red side, we have Elite Pakura, PAL Princess and Champion Ash, our Silent Hero!" The crowd cheered louder for the latter pair as they walked out and took their places at the marked spot. Misty tried to talk to Ash but she got ignored.

"This will be a six-on-six Pokémon battle, as each Trainer can use three Pokémon. Switching Pokémon is allowed, and the first side to lose all six Pokémon loses." Evan explained. "So Trainers, you may send out your Pokémon."

"Starmie, I choose you!" Misty threw a Pokéball and out came Starmie.

"Steelix, come on out!" Brock summoned his Steelix.

"Let's go, Jynx!" Pakura sent out the Human Shape Pokémon.

"Scyther, lend me your aura!" Ash called out.

"Eww, eww! A bug!" Misty shrieked, ticking both Ash and Scyther off.

"Stop screaming or I'll give you something to scream about even when you hurt my trainer!" Scyther muttered darkly.

Back to field

"I'm so going to humiliate her by sending her Pokémon to the Emergency Ward!" Scyther snarled.

"You do that." Ash nodded.

"Battle begin!" Evan brought the red and green flags he has been holding downwards.

"Steelix, use Flash Cannon on Jynx!" Brock commanded.

"Starmie, use Scald on that bug!" Misty added.

Ash twitched. That bug?

"Jynx, let's use Safeguard." Pakura yawned. Jynx formed a shield around her and Scyther, effectively blocking both attacks. Once Safeguard was deactivated, Ash started his attack.

"Scyther, Signal Beam!" Ash commanded. The Signal Beam hit Starmie, which made it skid backwards.

"Starmie, get up!" Misty encouraged, or rather, demanded. Starmie slowly, but surely got up. "Now, use Swift!"

"Shadow Ball." Pakura called out. The Shadow Ball destroyed the Swift, and hit Starmie.

"Steelix, Stone Edge!" Brock yelled out.

"Scyther, X-Scissor." Ash countered, bored. The X-Scissor managed to slice all the stones in half. Before anyone could react, Ash said, "Now, use Brick Break!" The Brick Break was super effective, causing Steelix to be significantly damaged.

"Use Energy Ball, followed by Draining Kiss." Pakura coldly commanded. Jynx didn't let Starmie recover, and used a powerful Energy Ball, and Draining Kiss to drain Starmie's energy. "And now, Psychic." The Psychic spun and threw Starmie into Steelix.

"Starmie, use Rest!" Misty called out.

"Steelix, Rock Tomb and help cover Starmie!" Brock commanded.

"Scyther, Vacuum Wave!" Ash countered. The Vacuum Wave destroyed the Rock Tomb, and it went on to hit Steelix, who skidded backwards and hit Starmie.

"Jynx, Dream Eater." Pakura took the chance to drain some more of Starmie's energy. By the time Dream Eater was done, Starmie woke up.

"Starmie, Thunder Wave!" Misty shouted.