Afraid.

⚠️warning!!⚠️ this story contains s3lf h@rm. please read at your own risk and enjoy the story:))

Y/n pov.
I sit on my bed while reading a book. Listening to the rain fall onto my roof, it was raining really bad tonight. My parents are fighting in the living room, I'm trying to calm down by reading more of the book but... I just can't.

I sit on my bed and look down at my cuts on my arms and thighs, they opened back up again. I sigh and get back up from my bed. Walking to the bathroom as I hear a knock on my window, I look over and see a wet boy sitting at the window, all beat up with blood everywhere.

I rush to the window opening it quickly. Steve?? What happened?!? I ask in a frightened but quiet voice. I got into a fight.. I'm fine y/n. Just please let me in, I'm soaked.. he says as he stutters. Okay steve. Just. Come in but be quiet! I say quietly.

He comes in slowly as he hugs me. Blood starts soaking through my sleeves as I think to myself. "Oh shit..." Steve looks down. Hey... why are your arms bleeding?? He questioned, seeming very worried. Oh. My dog scratched me a few times thats it...! Let's clean up your cuts on your face. Okay steve? You say in a scared voice.

You both walk to the bathroom connected to your room. He sits on the toilet as you open a cabinet in the bathroom, you found the alcohol and cotton swabs. You put some alcohol on the cotton ball, slightly dabbing it onto his cheek. He hisses through his teeth as he squints his eyes. I'm sorry it hurts love.. it's really bad, I'm trying to be easy on the cuts. You sigh in a calming voice.

You rise your arm a bit to get his forehead. Your sleeve falls down to your elbow, revealing all your cuts. Y/n... what are those?? How long have they been there? What the hell happened!? Why are you doing this! He asks multiple times very worried with watery eyes. You stutter and start shaking with tears in your eyes. You break down onto Steve's shoulder.

Y/n.... Please tell me why are you doing this? And when did you start?? I care about you y/n!! I love you so much. Please! What's wrong? You can tell me anything. He says in a calming voice with tears running down his face as he rubs your back slowly. Steve.. I'm doing this because my family. I started a few months ago... I've never felt safe in this house or anything! I'm not treated right. You say as you sniffle.

Y/n.... I- I'm so sorry that happened. I'll always be by your side sweetheart. I'll never leave you, you will always be by my side. I love you so much y/n. He says quietly and calmly. You had butterflies in your stomach as you stopped hugging him as he wiped your tears with his thumb and gave you a kiss. Let's get ready for bed. Okay love? He says. You nod and put on a pair of pajamas. You toss Steve a pair of his he always leaves at your house, he changes out of his soaking clothes into the pajamas. You put the wet clothes in the corner of your room because your parents are still fighting.

You brush your teeth as you see Steve drifting off into a deep sleep on your bed. You sit in the edge of your bed as he tugs at your wrist. You know he wants you to lay with him. You lay down as Steve holds on to you. Please y/n, don't harm yourself ever again. He mumbled. Steve, because of you I won't anymore. I love you Harrington. Now go to bed. You giggle softly and say. He plays with your hair as you both then drift off into a deep sleep.

That's the end of this story:) thank you for reading!!
Inspiration from my friend:))
Words: 693