1: Care Package (because i care about you)

Start bij het begin

And by Nishizumi she was going to keep it platonic! It was already incredible that Erwin wanted to stay friends even after all that, so Yukari was trying to smother her love with a pillow until it suffocated.

But, that was much harder than she had initially thought. So, if she couldn't trust her feelings, she could always trust sensha-dou! If Ooarai won, that meant her crush would disappear and she and Erwin could be two gals being pals. If Ooarai lost, however, Yukari figured she would have to distance herself from Erwin for her own sake, no matter how much it would pain her. Maybe she could go backpacking, go on a tank pilgrimage or something and try to distract herself from all her warm fuzzy feelings.

Even if Pravda didn't go quite the way she intended, the scouting mission with Erwin had been magical all the same. Her feelings for Erwin, unfortunately, had only grown, her heart only beating faster, and if Ooarai didn't win this tournament she was sure she would combust like a Sherman. And then what? Would her relationship with Erwin just be scrap metal on the side of the battlefield? She couldn't be scrap metal!

But those were future Yukari problems (Unless Ooarai won the tournament! Which it would!), and right now, she needed to get a handle on her feelings, because she was feeling so happy at the sight of her Erwin that she was having little trouble restraining herself from tackling her into a hug, which would most definitely wake her up.

Yukari was slightly confused, though. She knew Erwin had her monthly Historical Game Night today. And true, it was just about noon, and it started at six, same as Yukari's meeting, but the trip back to the Ooarai school ship would have them back no earlier. The helicopter was landing on top of the building with the student council office, a long way away from the History Club's house. Too far to get there in time.

Erwin was a very punctual person: she'd rather eat her German Field Marshall's cap than even consider being late to Historic Game Night. She remembered Erwin saying the History Club was going to have a karuta tournament, and she had been so excited about it. Why would she risk being late for it by being stuck in a helicopter?

"I'll be on channel two if you need me!" Miss Chouno said, switching channels before Yukari could inquire further.

She could ask Erwin about it when she woke up. Yukari instead happily plopped down beside Erwin, sure she was grinning like an idiot. It had been a while since they were able to have some alone time together. What with Yukari being in a flurry of packing and planning for the infiltration, and Erwin and her club having a furious battle with some termites that were trying to turn the History Club's home into a meal, the past weekend they hadn't seen each other as much as they were used to.

She was looking forward to hanging out with Erwin once they had finished their match with BC (which Yukari figured they had a good chance against since that team was in the midst of a civil war, if her scouting didn't deceive her), but it was such a treasure to be with her now. Especially now, after the intensity of the espionage, her calm, familiar presence was grounding Yukari, like even in her sleep Erwin was telling her 'everything's okay now, I've got you'. Yukari could already feel some of her stress ebbing away just sitting next to her.

Not all of it though! She needed some stress if she was going to edit all her footage before the meeting. Stress is what kept her from flopping onto the ground and letting exhaustion squash her like a Maus.

Yukari took out her camera and pulled her camo-patterned laptop out from the backpack she had stowed away on the helicopter. She had a matching camo USB cable, but it didn't have any militaristic stickers on it like her laptop. She was about to plug the cable into her camera, but a quick flash of white hot pain reminded her of her most-definitely jammed fingers.