Prologue

Cover by marina_swampert

Once upon a time in a land not too far away, there was a beautiful kingdom where everyone lived in peace. This empire was large, and was prosperous with people who were happy with their lives; and at the center of this land was a castle where the royal family lived.

The rulers of this fair and happy kingdom were King Arthur and Queen Molly who lived in the palace with their large family. While they had been blessed with many sons, six in fact, they had no daughters. But they wanted one with all their hearts. And, to their greatest joy, the seventh child they had together had turned out to be a girl-the princess that they had longed for.

The day that she was born, the queen held her new daughter close to her heart, sweat covering her brow as her first born son, Bill, looked over the bed to get a better look at her. Smiling he picked up one of his little brothers to show him as well. Prince William-or Bill-was their oldest, but had been closely followed by Prince Charles-or Charlie for short-who were best friends. Then was Prince Percival, who was six years old, and then the twins Prince's Fredrick and George, who were four...

And finally the youngest was Prince Ronald... who was only a year old.

All of them had gathered together with their father to see the newest addition to the family. Bill held little Ron up a little higher so that he could see his little sister and mother better.

"This is your sister, Ginevra," the queen said, stroking the baby's hair, which was as red as the rest of her family, lovingly. "And I want you all to set a good example for her when she gets older, okay?"

"Yes, mother," Bill, Charlie, and Percy all said at once. The twins only grinned at her while Ron sucked on his hand, not having the slightest clue to what was happening.

"Boys, I think your mother and sister need their rest. Okay?" the King asked as he brushed the hair from his wife's fevered brow.

"Yes, Father," the boys said and left, with Bill still carrying Ron.

"How do you feel, dear?" Arthur asked her as he made sure that she was comfortable and the door shut after their sons.

"I feel fine, just tired," she sighed, not taking her eyes off the baby in her arms. "We finally have a girl," she whispered, as if afraid that by saying it to loudly would make it untrue. "A daughter..."

He beamed as he leaned in and kissed her. "Yes, dear. Now we have a complete family. Six wonderful sons... and a beautiful little girl... oh, that reminds me. I think we need to have a ball for her in a few days. We had one for all of the boys. And she will be given her blessing."

That was how it worked. Whenever a child was born, a witch or wizard would arrive and present them with a blessing. A blessing that would impact their lives... they could become talented artists, or perhaps skilled warriors... anything that would shape them into the person they would be. They could be blessed with a long and happy life, or one full of adventure, or even a hard-working one filled with many joys and sorrows...

Each of the princes was given something from a skilled young wizard named Albus Dumbledore. He had given the first born Bill the Blessing of Ability-meaning that he was a master at everything he touched...

As for Charlie, he had been given the Blessing of Strength-he would grow up to be a strong man, unafraid of hard work and danger. Percy was given the Blessing of Knowledge-and had already started reading as soon as he was old enough to pick up a book.