Blood+Lust: Chapter 3

Start from the beginning

"Oh? Are you with Kiara?"

"Yes, Tita!" She answered for me.

"Hi Kiara! Let me talk to my son, okay? Lincoln!" She called me. "Have you seen her? Did the two of you meet already?"

Kumunot ang noo ko. Huh? It's like she's speaking gibberish. I don't understand what she's saying. Inilapit ko ulit ang phone sa tenga ko. "Who's her? You mean, Kiara?"

Tumawa si Mommy sa kabilang linya. "No! Hahaha, your Fiance! Have you meet her?"

My brows furrowed even more. What?

Naramdaman ko ang presensya ng weirdong stalker sa likod namin.

"Mom, are you serious?" I asked and turned my back to look at her. I faced her, and our eyes met. She's staring intently at me. I don't know why, but there's a hint of sadness in her eyes. Or was I imagining it?

"Yes! It was supposed to be a surprise when you went home because I invited your fiancé to have dinner with us so we could discuss that matter during dinner. But she came to your school instead to formally introduce herself to you!" Mom sounded so happy while talking to me.

So... she was telling the truth? She's not some weirdo stalker of mine? She's my fiancé?

We were still staring at each other. Ni wala man lang siyang reaksyon. Alam 'kong naririnig niya ang sinabi ni Mommy dahil naka loud speaker pa rin ito at ganoon rin si Kiara.

"She arrived two weeks ago and immediately processed her transfer to your school so she could be with you! Isn't that so cute? I think she fell for you when I showed her your baby picture!" Tumili pa siya na parang kinikilig.

God. This is stressing the hell out of me. Wala akong masabi. Mahigpit ang hawak ko sa phone at anytime baka masira ko na 'to.

"She's the niece of my bestfriend! Yung pinangako-an ko na ipapakasal ang nag-iisa kong anak sa nag-iisang babae sa pamilya nila! Diba? Mom already told you about that, ever since you were young! Remember?" patuloy pa rin ni Mommy.

I nodded, but I didn't answer. Yes, I remembered. Pero malay ko ba na totohanin niya talaga. "But Mom... that was years ago!" I thought its a promise that would be forgotten.

"I promise already na! You know me. I don't break promises!"

Napalunok ako. What about my freedom? Do I have a choice?

"Mom... I'm too young to get married, plus I don't even know her!" I spat angrily while staring directly at her.

"No more No's from you! We will have a dinner with her later in our house! If you see her, make sure to accompany her, and treat her nicely!" She even emphasized the word nicely. "Okay? Be nice! Or else!" Then she hung up the call.