|⚔︎|-| V |-| V & VI |

•-| 🐺 |-•

- V | V -
( Kill the Boy )

———

The room is dark, candle lit. The cold breeze of the desert night fills the room. Daenerys sits on a chair next to a bed... where lays Aston. His entire chest is bandaged up with white cloth, his eye brow stitched back together. Daenerys holds Aston's hand and has her other hand placed on her still flat stomach. She feels him move his fingers and lightly squeeze her hand. She looks up at him to see his eyes, she immediately smiles and tears up.

Aston groans as he tries to sit up.

DAENERYS: "No, no, no... rest, Aston."

ASTON: "What happened?"

DAENERYS: "You protected the city."

ASTON: "W-where are they?"

DAENERYS: "Ivar and Astrid did sustain any injuries. Grey Worm and Yuri are resting."

ASTON: "Barristan?"

She looks down and squeezes his hand.

DAENERYS: "I'm so sorry, Aston. He didn't make it."

Aston is in shock, he shakes his head continuously trying to make sense of it all.

ASTON: "No, that can't be he..."

And then Aston remembered being there as the life left Ser Barristan's eyes. As he starts to tear up, Dany crawls into the sheets next to him. He curls up into Daenerys' arms and sobs. Aston wasn't ready to lose him, no one is ready to lose someone dear to them.

Barristan was his mentor, father-figure, friend.

DAENERYS: "I'm so sorry, Aston."

ASTON: "He died saving my life, Dany."

DAENERYS: "And I'm lucky he did... we are lucky." she said grabbing his hand and placing it on her stomach.

Aston's mood changed almost immediately, he remembered everything Barristan told him and all the memories. This feeling was different compared to when he lost his father, mother and brother. He felt grateful and appreciative of what Barristan did for him, Daenerys, Eddrick and their child on the way.

There's no doubt Aston is angry at the Sons of the Harpy but he's determined now... determined to end them. He wants his revenge.

ASTON: "I'm sorry, Dany. I wasn't careful like I said I would be. I put you through a lot of stress, I-"

DAENERYS: "No, Aston. Stop, I don't care about that anymore. All I care about is that my future husband and the father to my child is alive. Please stop beating yourself up, Aston."

ASTON: "I was afraid, when I fell unconscious... I thought that was it. I was so scared Dany. I thought I was leaving you, Eddrick and you little one. I felt so... hurt and saddened that I won't be able to live on and see your face everyday. I realized of precious life is personally. You always hear stories of people telling you just how fragile life can be but you don't believe it until you feel it."