"But wouldn't it look odd that you're here with Alti and not me, considering you are my girlfriend, date, whatever." Tamara was visibly bothered. "How do you think that makes me look in front of Melody if I said you were my girlfriend but you're openly flirting with her sister in law?"

The sound of Melody's name made Virginia scoff. "I don't know but I'm sure it makes her happy. Now she has you all to herself."

Tamara took a deep breath and released it slowly. "I think we are losing focus here."

"I'm not the one losing focus." She was but would never admit it.

Tamara gave a resigning breath and walked away, out of the bathroom. Virginia wanted to go after her to apologize but where would that get her? Nowhere, she was sure.

As Virginia pulled the bathroom door to walk out, Alti walked in. "I think I'm going to leave."

"Why?" Alti pushed her further back into the bathroom. "What happened?"

"Tamara and I are not seeing eye to eye right now and she's not particularly happy that I'm flirting with you."

"Why would that be a problem if you two are not together?"

"It's complicated."

"Seriously, what's going on with you two?"

At that moment, someone else from their table walked into the bathroom. Virginia knew they couldn't continue the conversation privately. "This is not the place to talk about it."

Virginia and Alti made their way back to the table and found that the impending bride and groom were ready to separate for the night. It was time for the bachelorette and bachelor party, which meant it was certainly time for her to leave.

"We're going with John." Alti swayed her decision to leave, pointing out that hanging with the guys would be more beneficial to their tastes as opposed to going with Melody and her uptight friends.

At the end of the night, Virginia wasn't sure if hanging with John and his friends was a better choice than hanging with the women. She had a good time partaking in cigars, alcohol, and strippers but she was so intoxicated that she easily agreed to accompany Alti to Melody's suite that night.

"We'll just drop these off and then we can go back to my place."

Things had been hot and heavy with them the entire night with the amount of alcohol they both consumed. It was obvious to anyone with one good eye that the end result would be them in bed together.

On arrival to Melody's suite, it was Tamara that opened the door and she was no longer dressed for a night out but a night in; a visual that quickly sobered Virginia up. Why was she still there?

"We're just dropping off these things for Melody," Alti told her and Tamara stepped aside to let Alti in. "Where is she?"

"She's in the bedroom." Alti went in search of Melody, leaving Virginia alone with Tamara, who stood awkwardly by the door. "Aren't you coming in?"

Virginia dragged herself over the threshold and dumped the handful of items in her hand on the table of the living room area. "Can you tell Alti that I'll be outside when she's done?"

She didn't wait for Tamara to answer, she just wanted to get away from her. "Virginia, can we talk?"

Out of respect, Virginia stopped and turned back to Tamara. "Talk about what?"

"You've been on my mind all night-"

"I find that hard to believe," Virginia replied, cutting her off.

"You were. I know you won't believe me but it's true and maybe you were right, maybe I was the one losing focus." Virginia's eyes met Tamara's and she could see that her confession was sincere. "It made me jealous seeing you with Alti and I found myself asking why. Why am I jealous of Alti when you and I are not truly together?"

"It happens."

"Like how you're jealous of Melody."

"I never said I was jealous of Melody."

"You didn't have to." Tamara waited for Virginia to try to deny the accusation but her silence was answer enough. "I'm not the only one losing focus here."

Virginia hated how right Tamara was, she hated how Tamara was beginning to see through her and hated that her mother was right about her getting hurt.

"I never should have agreed to this," Virginia muttered as she attempted to walk away yet again, this time, she made it to the door.

"Why did you?" Tamara grabbed her by the hand and Virginia looked down at the connection between them. "You had no reason to help me especially after I lied about everything. So, why did you go on helping me?"

"Because, because," Virginia always had a hard time expressing herself to Tamara especially when she was under the influence. That moment was no different as the high volume of alcohol in her system made its presence known again. Its effect was restrained in her anger but now that Tamara was touching her, the waves of intoxication settled heavily on her tongue, "you're magnificent."

"What did you say?"

"I think you're magnificent," Virginia repeated with boldness as their eyes met, "and I think, no I know, you deserve so much better than her. I don't know why you can't see it for yourself. I don't know why you choose to sit around and wait for someone who can't even admit how much they love you or that they even do. Someone who chose to marry someone else." She pulled Tamara close to her. "If you were mine, I'd tell the whole world about you because you're just too damn amazing not to."

Her Best Friend's Weddingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें