"yeah im fine." i lied, and it was so evident. the last thing i was gonna do is cry in front of conrad because of the embarrassment and pain.

"okay guys enough of this." laurel called out, stopping belly and jeremiah who had not noticed till now of what had happened.

both her and susannah rushed over to me, trying to check out my wrist but even the slightest touch hurt so bad. from the looks on their faces i just knew this wasn't good. however i was still able to move my wrist around which meant it definitely wasn't broken.

"maisie we need to call your parents." susannah said, feeling awful of what had just happened.

i loved the concern laurel and susannah had, but knew something like this wasnt worth pulling my parents out of work for.

"i'll just call them up. seriously don't worry i'm fine. i just think i should go home. maybe take some tylenol." i got up from the ground with one hand.

"i am so sorry masie. i never meant for this to happen." steven looked just as upset as me, and i knew he wasn't going to hear the end of it from laurel.

"steven i fell, you didn't even push me. what on earth are you apologizing for." i tried my best to make him feel better.

"maisie are you sure you don't want us to take you to urgent care for this?" laurel asked again, not convinced about me just going home.

"in this weather? its not worth it. i'll go tomorrow if its still bothering me." i assured them, but they didn't look that convinced however knew they could only do so much to convince me.

"masie let me know if you need anything or need me over until your parents are back. you sure you're fine?" belly ran over, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder.

i assured her i was fine and turned towards the door. before me was conrad who also had a worried look washed over his face as much as he tried to hide it from me. i lowered my gaze from him, and made my way past him and out the door, closing it behind me. before me was the pouring rain, and so i pulled up my hoodie to shield myself. i looked back down at my exposed wrist, seeing that it was a little pink now.

"maisie wait!" conrad called out and my head shot back to see him right behind me. "i really think you should get this checked out right away. i'll drive you." he sincerely offered.

"conrad i'm fine-" i began but was only cut off by him.

"just get in the car. im not taking no for an answer." he rushed past me, pulling open the passenger side door of the jeep.

he gave me no choice as i ran over to him to get in the car so he wouldn't be standing there soaked in the rain for any longer. knowing how stubborn he was, he would have stood there until i got in, no matter how long it took. he shut my door and made his way over to the drivers side, rushing in, drenched all over again.

we sat in silence as he got adjusted and began backing out of the driveway. we were soon on our way down the neighborhood road to get onto the main one. it was raining cats and dogs outside, and i knew driving out like this was not worth it. the rain was loud so it filled any kind of awkward silence that could have been between us. that was a plus i guess.

after about 10 minutes of driving around, he pulled into a small urgent care clinic.

the both of us got out and carefully ran to the entrance, trying to avoid another fall. as i filled out my information on the clipboard, conrad was up talking to the receptionist about god knows what. he seemed so restless like he couldn't sit still until they checked my wrist out. i swore i was okay and he was acting like i had lost a limb.