The Hellbeast Leaves From Imp Asleep...

Start from the beginning

Damn it, this is bad! What should he do?

Striker!

He had to see Striker!

Moxxie quietly opened the window and somehow managed to go through it without making too much noise.

Lamian almost looked like a different place at night. The streets were mostly deserted except for the nightly patrols of the Goetia guards.

He couldn't afford to be seen as a bloody hellbeast by either hunters or guards.

So Moxxie found himself jumping from one rooftop to another in direction of the wall.

His movements started slow and clumsy, as he wasn't used to quadruped locomotion. But with each jump, he became more confident.

One of the roof tiles gave in under Moxxie's weight, causing his paw to slip and lose its balance.

Moxxie fell off the building with a loud scream—sorry, shriek—landing on his side with a painful thud. 

"Owowow... Damn it..."

"Motherfuck—"

His ears pricked. There was someone else with him in that alley.

Moxxie turned around and found a tall imp with long, curved horns with a strong orange smell of alcohol on the ground, looking scared out of his wits.

Oh, shit! Blitz!

"Blitz, I-I can explain...!"

But Blitzo did't seem to hear him. He crawled away from Moxxie, hand searching for something in his jacket. 

Moxxie's stomach sank when Blitzo pointed a pistol at his head. 

"B-Blitz, wait!! It's me!"

PAM!

The bullet brushed past Moxxie's cheek, leaving a burn mark in the process. 

For once, he was glad that Blitzo was drunk.

Moxxie didn't want for Blitzo to take another shot. He turned tails and sped out of there faster than the next round of bullets.

The thespian jumped unto the top of the wall from a nearby rooftop. And from there, he took a great leap over the ditch-river surrounding the town, a feat an imp couldn't do. Once he was back on the ground, he dashed toward the forest.

Moxxie could hear his own heartbeat drumming as he ran through the thick foliage, calling out Striker's name. Trails of colors—scents of different animals—danced around him as the creatures moved out of his way.

One of the scent-trails, a bright hazel one, was familiar to Moxxie. Hellbeast fur, leaves, testosterone...

Striker!

Moxxie followed the hazel trail towards the secret entrance to the sanctuary. This time, the vines glowed and opened up by themselves, granting the new Hellwalker passage into the Haven.

The trail led Moxxie towards the waterfall, up the rocky slope and—

Right into a hellbeast.

—*HB*—

"OOF!"

Striker was completely caught off guard when something rammed into him.

Another hellbeast. 

The two of them rolled down the tunnel and into the main cavern. Striker made a perfect last flip to place himself on top of the intruder, teeth bared.

"Striker!"