I gave her a smile. She really was a guardian angel. I wrapped her in a tight hug. "You do not know how much you are saving me." She hugged me back. "I'll call them. You just go get packed up." I nodded. I had about 5 grand saved up in my bank account, so I had plenty to support me for a while. I got in my car and drove home. My parents' cars were gone, so I knew they were at work. I pulled into the driveway backwards and went straight to the garage. I grabbed about 6 boxes and some packing tape. I went up to my room and packed my clothes in once box and other necessities.

After about 5 boxes, I completely cleaned my room out. I had little. I threw them into the trunk of my car and went back inside to pack a box of food. When I walked back out, Ben and his friends were there. He was looking at my car, confused. "Babe, what's going on?" I scoffed as I put the last box into the trunk and slammed it shut. "got a job offer, so I'm leaving."

I tried to walk past him but he grabbed my arm, "without even telling me?" He sounded hurt. God, the audacity of this man! I heard the car door open and Matheo stepped out. I bet he was getting a good laugh out of this. "Yes I was, because side pieces don't have to report to low life pieces of shit!" I spit in his face as I grabbed his arm and twisted in as I kneed him in the balls. "Now go spew your hurt bull shit in Missy's face!" I shoved him to the ground and got in my car. Matheo had his jaw open, looking at his friend. I drove off and back to my job. I walked in and my boss was telling someone to have their articles checked out by the grammar department.

"You ready?" She asked, and I nodded. She reached into her purse and pulled out a key and a note. "This is the address and the key. It's a separate apartment complex, so no annoying neighbors. It's in its own building with only one other apartment that no one has bought yet. It's more of a penthouse, but I call it an apartment." Tears sprung to my eyes again, and I wrapped her in a hug. "Thank you so much." I said, and she chuckled a little as she hugged me back. "Any time dear." I back away and grab the keys and note from her and walk out. I left my phone in my car and come back to 7 missed calls from Ben.

I block him and pull up my mother's contact I shoot her a quick text. "Hey mom, I moved out. Don't bother trying to find me and I will get a new number in about an hour. Hope I never see you again." I shut off my phone, so I didn't have to keep hearing Ben call. He was the type of boy to get new numbers to keep calling me, so I needed a new number. I went to the phone store in town and walked in. The lady at the counter smiled at me. "What can I get you, sweetie?" I sighed as I plopped down my phone. "New phone with a new number." I said, and her smiled faded a little. "What kind?"

"iPhone 13 pro might as well go big." I said, as she nodded. She went to the back and came back with an iPhone case. She rang it up on the counter. I grabbed a purple case from the shelf and threw it on the counter. "What plan would you like?" She asked, and I sighed, "Unlimited?" I said, and she smiled as she rang it all up. It came out about twelve hundred dollars. I got my new phone set up in the store and put it in the case. They activated it before I left. I transferred my boss's contact information before I snapped my old phone in half and chucked it in the trash outside the store.

I got in my car and put in directions to New York; it was about a 6 hour drive so I should be there around 8. I felt an inner peace leaving everyone behind, all the toxic drama and toxic people. I stopped to get gas a couple time but as I got closer to New York; I typed in the address to find it was on the outskirts of New York. It was also only a block from my new Job. My phone dinged, and I picked it up and smiled. "Glad you got a new phone and they are ready for you to start next Monday, so you have an entire week in New York. Enjoy!" It was from my boss.

When I arrived at the apartment complex, it looked like a mansion. It had very few buildings around it. I walked inside and found my apartment on the second floor. There was a door on the first floor with a "For Sale" sign on it. I walked up and opened the door to my new apartment. My jaw dropped. It had furniture in it already and marble countertops, with a silver sink. A huge fridge and stocked cabinets. I walk down the hall to find it has three bedrooms, and the masters were huge. It had a bed it in already with an empty dresser with a bathroom connected to it with a walk-in closet. Everything looked empty, like this place was for sale.

"Wow," I mumbled to myself as I sat everything down. I carried in all of my boxes and put the food away first. I locked my apartment doors as I shut the curtains. This was only temporary, but I want to live here for as long as I can. I unpacked all my clothes, and I looked at the time. It was almost 10:30, and I was exhausted. This was my new life, and I was so excited. I shot my boss a text, "are the sheets clean?" "I wash them before I leave every time." I smiled, "alright goodnight:)" "Goodnight"

I let my hair down and brush it before plugging in my phone and crawling under the covers. Did I really just move 6 hours away because I found out everything I thought I knew was a lie? Missy was my best friend, well I thought she was. Ben was supposed to be the one I married and the boy who hates me, the one who had tormented me for years, watched it all. He watched me crumbled under the bleachers, he even was going to walk out and rub my face in it. My eyelids grew heavy just thinking about it. I needed to leave Ben, Missy, and Matheo in the past. It wasn't long before sleep took me.