I giggle.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," Nouria says quickly. "My apologies. I shouldn't have
assumed."

"don't worry about it, they love each other—" I say looking at Kenji laughing.

And then I walk over to Aaron and Ella again.

"Why would you think we'd want to share a room?" Nazeera asks flustered.

Nouria shakes her head. She shares a quick, confused glance with Castle, but seems suddenly mortified.

"I don't know. I'm sorry. You seemed—"

"Separate rooms are perfect," Kenji says sharply.

"Great," Nouria says a little too brightly. "I'll lead the way." And I watch, amused, as Castle tries and fails to hide a smile.

It makes this even funnier.

Our residence, as Nouria called it, is more than I could've hoped for. I thought we'd be camping; instead, inside of each tent is a miniature, self-contained home.

There's a bed, and a small room with a single bed, a small living area, a tiny kitchen, and a full bathroom. The furnishings are spare but bright, well made and clean.

And when Ella walks in, she slips off her shoes, and throws herself backward onto the bed, i do the same, as I land beside her.

"This place is so cool, don't you think?" I say.

I can almost imagine us together like this—maybe, someday—in our own home.

How I want that to happen someday.

Ella yawns soundlessly, hugging a pillow to her chest as she curls up on her side. Her eyes close.

A smile tugs at Aarons mouth as he watches her.

Then he leaves to go shower.

....

I was so exhausted that I think I fell asleep.
Because now, I'm being shaken.

I open my eyes slowly as I see a familiar figure in front of me.

"you always wake me up at the wrong times." I tell him.

"sorry, sweetheart, but you need to shower too."

I sit up.

Ella is studying us, or it looks like it.

I smile at her.

"Have you showered?" I ask her and she nods.

"oh, okay," I say. " I'll go shower then."

And I do quickly, because I need to leave before Aaron and Ella does.

I quickly get dressed again, as there was clean clothes here.

They're a little big for me, but it'll work.

"okay—" I say stressing when I get out of the bathroom.

"everything okay Elena?" Aaron asks me as I'm now standing In front of them.

"um—yes," I say, "I just need to go—" I say obviously not knowing what to say.

"Im seeing Kenji! I'll see you when dinner is ready!" I tell them, running up to Aaron, hugging him.

I offer him a smile when I look up at him.

"Thank you for being okay," I say. "but please—from now on.." a little pause.

"don't go anywhere I can't follow." I say feeling more relaxed in his arms.

He looks surprised by my words, until he kisses my head.

"I won't." He says and I'm soon back on my feet, as I need to leave for the surprise.

But before I leave, I say: "I'll see you later!"

....

This was more than I could've hoped for. I thought maybe, given our time constraints, we'd just get a group to sing him "Happy Birthday," or maybe eat dessert in his honor, but this—

There's an actual cake.
Which was what I really hoped for.

A cake with candles in it, waiting to be lit.

Everyone from Omega Point is here—the whole crew of familiar faces:

Brendan and Winston, Sonya and Sara, Alia and Lily, and Ian and Castle. Only Adam and James are missing, but there are someone else here too!

Haider is here. So is Stephan.

all come forward, gathered around a single, modest sheet cake. It reads—

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WARNER

in red icing.

The piping is a little sloppy. The icing is imperfect. But when someone dims the lamps and lights the candles,

Aaron goes suddenly still beside Ella.

Im standing with the others, but as they're here now, I run over to him.

He lifts me up as I hug him.

"Happy birthday Aaron." I say hugging him tight.
"I hope this makes up for all the years we couldn't celebrate." I say as he places me back down.

I drag him over to the cake as Ella follows.

"Aaron," Ella whispers. "Is this okay?"

He takes a few seconds to respond, but when he finally does, he nods. Just once—but it's enough.

"Yes," he says softly. "This is okay."

Please tell me if you want another special chapter from Elena's memories with Warner<33
I will try show more of Elena and Warners relationship from now on by the way. I love writing them together!🫶