Not our life

It was different now. You could just feel it in the air around you, suffocating you. Maggie, Dylan and Sasha all left, still at the hilltop, everyone left at Alexandria were different. It only had been a couple days, felt like it was just a minute ago. I was stuck breathing in that hot air right after Glenn died, looping over and over. I wished it was me, I wished I just died and all of this would be behind me, but I had to live.

I wanted to hide in my room but instead I getting in the car to look for shit, risk my life, for stuff that our people wouldn't even be able to have. Part of me wanted to just stay out here, sit in the car until it was dark and I knew they were gone but I also knew that we had comply, I had to if we wanted Daryl to live In one piece.

I ran my thumb over the key chain. Running it along the name before I started the car. Rosita climbed in the passenger seat, forcing Spencer in the back.

"Another day, another day wasted." Rosita says as she slammed the door behind her. I didn't say anything, I hadn't talked to anyone really about this whole thing, no one has said anything really and for now that was fine. But still in the back of my head I couldn't help but wonder what Daryl was doing. What they were doing to him. I drove up to the gate, stopping to look at Eugene out my window.

"Could you open the gate?" I ask him, he didn't even look up. Acted like he didn't even hear me. "Eugene." I say sharply.

"Yeah?" He says, looking up from his box of cords. I waved my hand outside the window, in the air looking at the gate.

"Open the gate." I say again. I hear Spencer's window roll down, him leaning out.

"Goin out to see if we can find anything for when they come. You want to help?" Spencer asks making me glare back at him, Rosita too.

"I don't believe I'd be up to that." I hear Eugene say making me sit back comfortably in my seat.

"Yeah, that sounds about right." Rosita sighed from beside me. I looked over to Eugene as he stared at us.

"I'm repairin' this portable audio system for them. Well have a perfectly respectable music player when they arrive. I'm dealing in certainties, and I'm doing my part to give them what they want." As Eugene spoke I could hear the faint sound of motorcycles, and by the time he was done I could hear trucks coming right for us. I shut the car off, shoving the keys in my pocket as the three of us got back out.

Eugene looked back to me, scared, his fingers rolling in his palms. I nodded to him slightly before walking to the front side of the car, hearing their breaks whistle.

A whistle started as a shadow walked up to the gates, that bat swinging around just to land on his shoulder.

"Dun-sun-dun-dun..."Negan sang. My skin crawled at his voice. He banged on the metal three times. "Little pig, little pig, let me in!"

My jaw clenched as I looked over to Spencer, him being the only one here that hasn't had to deal with him yet. Spencer made his way over, pulling back the first gate, leaving just metal bars between us and him. Negans eyes were right on Spencer.

"We'll?" He questions

"Um, who are you?" Spencer asks. My eyes closed for a second, my hand going up to rub my eyes in frustration.

"Oh, you better be jokin? Negan, lucille." Negan says introducing his bat. "I know I had to make a pretty strong first impression."