Chapter 8 - Wrong

Start from the beginning

“I’m so lazy. How could I possibly dream about Imperial and political affairs?” Ban Hua answered reasonably. “Besides, I was so busy every day in my dream. How could I have had time to care about those boring political affairs? If it had been you, you couldn’t remember such things either.”

Ban Heng thought about it seriously. If this dream had come to him, he might just have woken up and forgotten all about it. It was definitely better that his sister was the one who had had the dream.

“Then how do you remember so clearly about who other families’ daughters were married off to?” Ban Heng wondered.

“Who told her not to get along with me?”

Ban Heng suddenly understood the root of the matter and nodded. According to his older sister’s nature of holding a grudge, she would indeed record down such things in her mind.

Now, the Eldest Prince and the Second Prince were both borne by the Empress. Perhaps, His Majesty had gone through enough bitterness before ascending the throne due to the previous Emperor favouring an Imperial Concubine over his Empress Mother. Therefore, he deeply respected the Empress and gave the most importance to the Eldest Prince who was also birthed by the Empress.

It was a pity that His Majesty’s favoritism towards his Di** sons had allowed them both to get used to the days of smooth sailing*** when they were young. So, the Crown Prince’s character was too indecisive, credulous and impulsive. The Second Prince had an arrogant and haughty nature. Usually, the Emperor was first in importance followed by the Crown Prince. The Second Prince was eternally in third place and there were terribly few courtiers who paid any attention to him.

The relationship between the Second Prince and Jingting Hou Fu was not very good. So Ban Hua did not have much affection for him either.

In her dream, there was a scene which she remembered especially clearly where Xie Wanyu, who had married the Second Prince, had slapped Shi Feixian. The second prince had not only berated Xie Wanyu in front of many people but also gone further and personally accompanied Shi Feixian to see a doctor.

In the Imperial family, neither men nor women were truly sincere people, but they still tried to preserve dignity and an illusion of mutual affection. To act like the Second Prince without giving his Princess the slightest face was indeed too much.

Now, Xie Wanyu and Shi Feixian seemed as if they were as good as flesh and blood sisters. Who would have thought that this kind of thing would happen in the future?

No, that was wrong. Wasn’t Shi Feixian interested in Rong Xia? However, in the future, there was an ambiguous relationship between her and the second prince, indicating that she did not marry Rong Xia at all. So the question is, who was the woman who finally married Rong Xia?

“Alas.” Ban Hua sighed with one hand on her cheek. Unfortunately, she was not familiar with Rong Xia, and had never seen him in her dreams. So she really didn’t know who the woman was who could snatch Shi Feixian’s beloved.

“Then let’s just wait for a while.” Yin shi touched her daughter’s head. “If the Xie family really marries the Second Prince, we will …”

In fact, what could they do? Theirs was an empty title with no real power. If there was someone who rebelled against the emperor, all they could do was to obediently become fish on the chopping board* with no ability to resist.

“Sister, it would be good if you knew who the rebellious person is.” Ban Heng said gloomily, “At least we can choose whether to kill him or hug his thigh.”

If all the things in your sister’s dream come true, it means that this person is the destined son of God. Do you think that killing him would be as easy as just speaking the words?” Ban Huai said in a displeased tone, “Just properly be a wastrel and don’t embarrass yourself by thinking.”