𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚. to be grateful

Start from the beginning

'I should really start getting used to seeing badly injured people...I should get over that memory, or else I'm never going to succeed and help others'

Once she saw Megumi finally in deep slumber, she started cleaning his hands and face, she wiped the blood that tricked down on his beautiful face and dirt that covered his hands, his injuries were already starting to heal due to the technique, it was only a matter of time and rest until he is fully recovered.

Kugisaki only observed her, her hands were so careful and delicate as if she was holding something fragile like glass, she wondered, why is she more comfortable around Fushiguro, more than any person in this school besides Satoru? Sure they were childhood friends, but do all childhood friends still become friends even if they were separated for years? And to still have that trust on the person. Kugisaki was amazed.

"Kugisaki..." Y/N called, Kugisaki's thoughts were suddenly interrupted, she looked up to see Y/N standing in front of her extending a hand, she just finished cleaning Megumi.

"You were injured too" she said. "I'll use my technique on you, alright?"

Kugisaki can only nod, she wasn't as badly beaten up as Itadori or Fushiguro but she had a fair share of injuries, she didn't really know how reverse curse technique works since she wasn't a user of it, so she just let whatever Y/N would do to her, a faint white light glowed just like on Megumi earlier, it's not too bright, it's almost dim, but she eventually felt lighter and better.

"Thanks Y/N, I feel better" she smiled. "Why do you emit light tho? Shoko-san doesn't?" she asked, she was really curious, both of them use the same techniques but hers worked a bit different.

"Oh, it's because I manipulate light, and I can channel my cursed energy through it" she replied. "But tell me, what exactly happened? Why is Itadori knocked-out?"

For someone who always looked calm and composed, Kugisaki was quite taken a back seeing a worried Y/N, it was new to her, for just a short amount of time they spent with each other, Kugisaki has yet to discover more about Y/N's character, but right now she just felt quite happy and satisfied. 'She's worried for us'

"A semi-special grade curse suddenly appeared, Itadori overexerted himself and passed out after being thrown like a baseball ball, Fushiguro and I had to finish the curse off, but Fushiguro had taken the huge blow, hence his current state"

Y/N knows Shoko can heal Itadori, so she was relieved that everyone was still alive, but something clicked in her mind and suddenly made her mood turn worst, Kugisaki felt this and started getting nervous, she once witnessed Y/N get mad and oh boy it was really bad, even her who was used to complaining and getting mad around people couldn't handle a mad Y/N, only Fushiguro could calm her down that time, she didn't wanna recall that memory again.

'Poor Panda tho'

"Satoru...this was his mission, right?" Y/N's tone was suddenly cold, sending chills to her spine, but a few seconds later, she sighed, shaking her head, the dark aura radiating from her earlier suddenly vanished, Kugisaki was able to breathe, relieved that didn't escalate more.

Y/N clicked her tongue, "There's no use to getting mad at him now, he had to check on Okkotsu overseas"

"Fucking valid reason" she added.

Kugisaki didn't ask who was the Okkotsu she mentioned, although she was curious,  she had no energy left anymore, like the two men over there, she also wants to lie down and sleep.

'Ah, what a day'

━━━━━━━━━━━

"Megumi?" Y/N knocked at his door, he finally woke up earlier, but it was already dark outside, and although he is now alright, the fatigue is still there.

"I'm awake"

"Can I come in?"

"Sure"

Hearing his response, Y/N pushed the door open with her foot after turning the knob, she was carrying a tray, she placed it on the table besides Megumi's bed, a hot steam was emitting from the bowl.

"I brought you porridge, you haven't eaten dinner"

Megumi nodded and said "Thanks"

"Can I sit here?" Y/N asked and pointed on the small couch near his bed, Megumi hummed in response.

"You cooked this, right?" Megumi asked which made Y/N surprised.

"How did you know?"

"It tasted the same to what Gojo sensei used to cook when we were kids, I remember you told me you taught him all the ingredients, it's delicious by the way"

This made her smile at the memory, ah yes, that one rainy day when Satoru messed up once and she had to tell him off so after that he now does it well. Why she knows the ingredients and process on how to cook it at such a young age? She spent reading every book she can find whenever she was locked up in her room, this included cookbooks.

"Megumi, did you remember when we were kids, you used to beat up those who ridiculed me? Not knowing I'm a Gojo myself" she laughed and this made Megumi embarrassed, his ears now turning red.

"Stop it, don't talk about it anymore" he grumbled.

"You were such a short-tempered kid back then haha! But I felt really grateful tho" she said now placing her arm on the armrest and leaned her head on her knuckles, closing her eyes and smiled a bit. Megumi could only watch her from his bed.

"I'm so grateful to Satoru actually, he gave me a friend like you, and I'm also really grateful you are in my life" she said, each words starting to fade as she felt really tired and drowsy. "Make sure to eat, Megumi..." and a few moments later, she fell asleep.

Megumi didn't know how to react at those words, but he felt something in his stomach swirl.

'Maybe I'm just hungry' he said and continued eating his soup.

"Itadakimasu"

After finishing his meal, he cleaned himself and brushed his teeth.

"Ah, she's already fast asleep" he paused as he looked at her sleeping figure on the couch.

"I...don't have my full strength back tho, I can't carry her to her room" he said imagining him stumbling on the stairs as he carried the girl, he was currently still too tired. He thought more ways and became annoyed making him ruffle his hair, he knew Y/N was also tired and didn't want to trouble her and wake her up.

'Panda senpai could carry her or Inumaki senpai, even Maki, but they're also probably knocked out since they just also came back late from a mission.'

"Ah whatever" he gave up and just decided to pick her up. He slowly placed her in his arms and transferred her to his bed. At least he didn't have to carry her far and not wake her up.

"You've worked hard today" he mumbled and tucked her in. Y/N shifted and now looked more comfortable even when she's still fast asleep.

"Good night, Y/N, and thank you"