5

Monday,
Everyone's the least favorite day.
You have to get up early, get ready and go to work.
Getting up early is worse when it's raining. It makes you want to lay in bed for the whole day and do nothing, or maybe do nothing and listen to music.

Unfortunately to Jaehee today was a rainy Monday. lazily, she checked her phone for any notifications, to see bunch of messages from the group chat and a message from her mum telling her to dress warmly despite being middle of July. Summer this year was chillier than normally, though Jaehee wasn't complaining, she loved both raining and slightly cold weathers.  

Smiling a bit to herself, she got up and went straight to the bathroom. She brushed her hair, her teeth and washed her face. Looking in the mirror, she posed. Jaehee wondered if people saw her the way she saw herself, not in the deep way though, just her face and body. Before insecurities could kick in, she grinned at herself and left the washroom.

Looking in her closet, she chose to wear a pair of flare jeans, heeled boots and a high neck shirt. Putting on some make up she looked at her reflection with satisfaction and with that she left her bedroom.

Entering the kitchen, she made herself tea and scrambled eggs. Enjoying her breakfast, she read her new friends' messages. She found Doyoung's and Haechan's "beef" very amusing. Even though at first she thought putting random strangers into one group chat was a bad idea, now she thought the opposite. Jaehee befriended the two girls pretty quickly, which she was pretty happy about. Even Aeri. At first she thought it would take ages to get her to open up about even basic  things, such as her favorite color.  Well she wasn't entirely wrong, but still... Eunah was  easy to get along with, but sometimes she wouldn't even open the chat, just because she didn't feel like talking at all. It was very valid to Jaehee, for Johnny on the other hand.... just kidding, he threw a tantrum only once, when Eunah didn't text for few hours. She would never forget that, ever. 

Her thoughts were interrupted by a sound of her phone. Looking down on it, Doyoung was calling her. Accepting the call she said a small hey and continued chewing on her food.

"Ew are you eating and talking to me at the same time?" Jaehee could see his disgusted face as if he were in front of her, chuckling a bit she answered "yes".

"Gross, anyway, since it's raining do you want me to pick you up?" the girl could hear the key shuffling on the other line of the phone, guessing he was locking the door.

"Nah it's okay, I want to take a small walk." 

"Okay, if you need anything call me, see you!" 

"Got it, bye!" hanging up, she stood up and put the dishes in the sink. Yeah she definitely wasn't going to wash them now, instead she went to bathroom to wash her mouth one more time. After that she put on her shoes, hat and the vintage jacket she stole from her mum a long time ago, picked up her phone, wallet and bag, and locked the door before she walked out of the building.

Jaehee loved the scent of atmosphere during and after rain, it was calming to her. Putting in her wired headphones she walked calmly, deciding not to rush, considering her destination being a bus stop, and bus left in twenty minutes. She still had about a ten minute walk. putting her hands inside of her jacket pockets, she strolled in the street. Lightly mouthing the song lyrics, she passed her favorite coffee shop.

The street was somewhat empty since it was still pretty early, mostly you would find students rushing to schools who didn't care about anything other than being early to school.

Jaehee arrived at the bus station and took the bus. The ride was good, no creeps only few students and an old lady and as always she was a bit late to the work. Rushing to changing  room, she quickly put her stuff in the locker and went to the kitchen.

The cooks weren't that busy yet, so some of them were just chilling and talking with each other. Some of them just came to the work, more like they sprinted through the door, making Jaehee chuckle slightly. Out of blue she felt someone bump into her, making her stumble, she was ready to curse whoever it was out just to find a struggling boy.

"God, why are you bringing stuff in when it's their job to do that" she sighed as she helped the taller boy, who gave her a small smile.

"It's okay chef, no big deal" he put the boxes full of vegetables down and stretched.

"Of course it's a big deal Jeno! your job is to make food, not weight lifting, if you don't stop doing that I will tell Doyoung" Jaehee looked at the boy with a serious look who just gulped and nodded his head.

"Okay I will stop, I promise."

"Good, now go back to work." She patted black haired boy's shoulder, who once again gave her a small smile and left to wash his hands.

"He works so much" Doyoung spoke from next to her.

"I know, he is super hardworking and I love others too there's no doubt but when i die i will either gove this restaurant to him or Renjun" she stated as she looked at her friend who just smirked at her and nodded his head in agreement.

"We are going to have a long day today, I think someone is celebrating their birthday." Doyoung massaged the girls shoulders as she groaned at the thought of noise in her restaurant, she wasn't going to work in the kitchen, which made everything worse. But her agony didn't last long, because the ring of the door brought all the staff back to their senses. 

The week had officially started.