Chapter 2: The Dragon Hero

"Issei-kun where are you? Please come back!" Irina shouted as she and the rest of the ORC looked around for Issei.

They have been looking all around Kyoto already, and so far there was nothing that could tell them where he went.

During their search, Rias did not speak a single word as she seemed to be deep in thought.

"How is this possible? We have been searching for hours, and we haven't found a single clue about where he is" Xenovia asked in frustration.

"I don't know Xenovia-chan, but we have to keep looking," Akeno said with determination as well, refusing to give up on searching for the brunette.

They kept looking around until they reached a place that looked like a ruined shrine that was in the outskirts of Kyoto.

"D-Do you guys feel that?" Akeno asked as they neared the shrine, feeling a weird and unusual aura coming from within the shrine.

"Strange," Koneko said with her stoic face as she looked at the shrine before she started to walk towards it, the rest following suit.

As they were getting closer to the shrine, the mysterious aura they felt began to get stronger, but something about it alarmed the Devils.

This aura was not the usual aura you would sense in a divine place like a shrine; it was something else, something...oddly familiar.

Upon entering the shrine they were met with the ruins, but in the middle of the shrine they saw something that made their hearts to sink as dread, panic and fear filled their souls.

On the floor of the shrine, they saw eight crimson pawn pieces that belonged to none other than Issei.

Rias who was still deep in thought as they entered the shrine snapped out of it the moment she saw her Evil Pieces.

Guilt and anguish started to fill the Switch Princess as she went ahead and picked up the Evil Pieces.

"Ise..." She muttered as tears began to emerge from her eyes before she broke down into crying.

After seeing their King break down into crying the rest of the girls and Gasper broke down as well except Kiba who just looked at the scene with wide eyes, still refusing to believe what he was seeing.

"I-I can't believe Issei-senpai is dead," Gasper said between sobs as he tried to wipe his tears away.

The rest of the girls only cried louder after hearing what Gasper said.

"I don't think he's dead Gasper-kun, because otherwise, we would have seen his body here" Kiba interjected, making everyone freeze as confusion and bewilderment filled them.

"S-So you say Issei-kun is not dead?" Irina asked in bewilderment, trying to cling to the bit of hope Kiba provided her.

"I don't think so Irina-san," Kiba said with a small smile, believing that his friend was not dead.

After hearing what Kiba and Irina said the rest of the girls managed to compose themselves.

"But how is that possible? He ejected his Evil pieces which mean certain death" Akeno refuted Kiba's assumption.

She like everyone else wanted to believe that Issei was alive but as much as she hated to admit it she knew that the odds for that are very slim.

"You may be right Akeno-sempai, but if he indeed died then we would have found his body here, so something doesn't make sense here, a " Kiba said.

Everyone's feelings were currently turmoil.

They did not know if they should feel hope that he may be alive or grief that he died.