Chapter 70 (Year 6)

"No!" Hermione shouted, as Ron unrolled the sock and found liquid luck.

"We don't want it. You take it. Who knows what you're going to be facing?" Hermione said,

"I'll be fine, I'll be with Dumbledore, I want to know you lot are okay...Don't look like that, Hermione, I'll see you later..." Harry said, before running out of the common room. Charlotte let in a shaky breath as Hermione stood up, saying she was going to get Ginny. Charlotte walked to Parvati and Lavender, who were both whispering to each other, trying to figure out why Harry rushed out.

"You two need to go upstairs and stay there for the rest of the night." She said.

"What?" Both of them said.

"Go upstairs, lock the door, and stay there," Charlotte said.

"Why?" Parvati asked.

"Because I said so. So go now, trust me." She said. They both looked at her strangely before nodding and gathering their things and going upstairs. Charlotte walked back to Ron, who was still staring at the liquid luck.

"Ron, go get Neville," Charlotte said,

"Neville?"

"Yes. Don't fight me. Go." Charlotte said, pushing him to his feet.

"And explain everything to him!" She called after him as he walked upstairs.

Charlotte sat down, her hands shaking. She wanted to go see Draco, but he wouldn't let her, not today at least, or for what she knew for the next couple of months. She blinked away the tears that were stinging her eyes as the others came downstairs.

"Now, everyone take a small sip of the potion," Charlotte said, as Ron opened the potion. They all took small sips of the potion until none was left. Ron opened the map and scanned for Draco's name.

"He's not here," Hermione said, who had been looking over Ron's shoulder.

"Malfoy must be in the room of requirements, then," Ginny said.

"Okay, Ginny, Neville and I will go to the room of requirement," Ron said, eyeing Charlotte.

"Hermione and I will stand at Snape's office." Charlotte signed; they nodded before parting ways in the hallway.

---

Hermione, Charlotte, and Luna who had run into Hermione and Charlotte in the hallway stood in front of Snape's office. Hermione paced the hallway, as Charlotte watched her, and Luna hummed quietly next to them.

"What time is it?" Charlotte said, to no one in particular.

"It's almost midnight," Luna said, as they heard someone running toward them. Professor Flitwick ran into Snape's office, barely sparing the three girls a glance.

"DEATH EATER'S IN THE CASTLE!" He shouted,

"What did he say?" Hermione whispered nervously. The door was left a crack open, letting them hear Flitwick yelling at Snape.

"YOU HAVE TO COME HELP ME! YOU HAVE TO COME BACK AND HELP US!" There was a loud thump, and Snape emerged from his office alone a couple of seconds later.

"What happened?" Hermione asked,

"Flitwick collapsed, must be shock, you three go and help him, I'm going to go help the others with the death eaters." Snape's eyes lingered on Charlotte, wondering if she was going to stop him, but instead, she just nodded at him and walked after Hermione and Luna who had run into Snape's office to help Flitwick. Hermione used a levitating spell to lift an unconscious Flitwick to take him to the hospital wing.

---

Charlotte had left Hermione and Luna, who were still taking Flitwick to the hospital. Death eaters were still entering the castle. Charlotte had to assume that Dumbeldore by now was dead, and Draco was running out of the castle.

Charlotte ducked as she saw a spell getting thrown her way by a death eater.

"Stupefy!" She heard her father shout, and the death eater collapsed to the ground.

"Charlotte, are you okay? Where's Harry?" He asked, running up to her.

"I'm not sure where he is," Charlotte said. James looked around nervously.

"Go to the common room!" Her dad shouted as he ran to help Remus. Charlotte ignored her father, as Snape and Draco, along with a couple of death eaters, emerged from the barrier. Draco stared at Charlotte, mouthing 'I'm sorry,' as Snape dragged him along.

"It's over!" Snape shouted. They heard death eaters start laughing as they ran out, following Snape and Draco.