“What do you want, Heath?” Colt repeats, venom dropping off his tongue. I poke his back, trying to get his attention. 

“Not going to introduce me to your sexy girl?” Heath winks at me and my eyes widen, I poke Colt again. As Colt was sensing I was uncomfortable, Colt pushes the dude. 

“Stay away.” Colt demands in a low and scary voice. Colt pushes me in front of him as we continue walking along the parking lot. Owen looks at Colt and Alida looks at me. 

“Who was that?” Owen asks. 

Colt sighs. “He's just someone. Anyway, where do we wanna go!” Colt exclaims as he tries to get the tension out of the air. Owen and Alida share something with Colt but I don't listen as I look behind me. Heath is staring at us and once my eyes meet his dark ones, he pretends to be holding a gun and pretends to shoot Colt. My stomach turns and I look away. 

“Infinity!” I blink at Alida, she rolls her eyes. “Want to go bowling with us?” She asks with a laugh. 

“Um, sure.” 

Alida smiles and starts walking away with Owen. “We'll meet you there!” She yells then she and Owen disappear from the parking lot. I hop into Colt's black truck and he follows in suit, but I stop his hand when he was ready to put the key in. 

“Colt, who was that?” I ask in a hush voice. 

Colt cups my face in his hands. “Don't worry, okay? He's just an old friend.” He mumbles as he presses his lips onto mine. It was a quick peck as he pushes away and starts his truck, then pulls out of the big parking lot. 

Don't worry, okay? Why would he tell me not to worry? Should I be worrying? Is Heath bad? He had to be. Does that mean he's going to hurt Colt or has hurt Colt? Was Heath why Colt ran away for two years and is now back, is Heath behind all this? There has to be more than what meets the eye and Colt telling me he was a friend? That has to be a lie, the way they were looking at each other. They were never friends, you could tell by the hate in their voices.

Stay away. Colt's threatening voice echoed and echoed in my mind. Does Colt think he's going to hurt someone? Oh my God, Heath is a bad, bad guy and Colt knows guys like that. Who else does he hang out with? With the thought I gulp and secretly glance at Colt.

Stay away.

*

I usher Colt in my house. Colt groans and looks at my driveway that only consisted of Colt's truck. 

“I don't want to be here and have your dad walk in on us, Infinity.” Colt whines. 

I lean my body against his and lace our fingers together, playing with our fingers in the air. “I promise you my dad won't, he has to work.” 

“Your step mom?” 

I roll my eyes and drag him in, shutting the door behind him. “Stop being a baby.” I grunt.