Meatball

It was an ordinary day at the office, Eddie was bored, as he often was. Nothing to do other than mountains of paperwork, but it was nearing closing time, which was a relief. He tapped away on his keyboard, occasionally peering at the clock in the bottom corner of his computer screen. His eyes were then pulled away from the screen from a light coming on from his phone, a text message from his husband, Richie.

"HEY EDS, so I might've done a thing, so when you come home don't kill me please and thank you, I LOVE YOU!!!❤️❤️🍝🍝"

Eddie pinched the bridge of his nose and groaned, what had Richie gotten himself into this time?? He left Richie on read, because he was about to leave, and felt it would be best to just wait and see.

He pulled into the parking garage of their apartment complex and quickly made his way up to their floor. He reached into his pockets and fumbled with his keys, trying to find the right one. Once he did, he stuck it in the door and sighed, worried about what he was about to get himself into. Slowly the door creaked open, once Eddie was able to peer inside, he saw Richie on the couch, holding a dog. Around him was a little crate with a pink pet bed on the inside, a food bowl and a water bowl, and at least 5 PetSmart bags full of toys and random pet related impulse buys on their kitchen counter.

"RICHIE. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS??" Eddie stormed in, but he still took time to carefully set his briefcase down on the kitchen table. "Spaghetti darling, this is Meatball!" Richie held the dog up to his face and smiled wide. The puppy was wagging his tail back and forth and panting at the sight of Eddie. Eddie didn't know what to ask first, "Why the hell did you get a dog without telling me first?!", or "What kind of a name is Meatball?!". "Why is there a dog..?"

"So basically, I was on Instagram, and y'know how I follow all these cute little puppies on there?" Eddie nodded, sighing at the same time. "OKAY OKAY OKAY, EDDIE THEY'RE SO CUTE, I COULDN'T RESIST. ALSO, WE'VE BEEN WANTING A PET FOR A WHILE NOW, RIGHT?" Eddie smirked and put his hand on Meatball's head, patting it. "I suppose. He is very cute, but I'm not potty training him. Also please tell me, what made you think it was a good idea to name him 'Meatball'?"