- fluorescent adolescent -

Start from the beginning

" Are you gonna confess?" Matt asked, causing Mello to grip his stomach from laughter. " I am not." L replies, mentally rolling his eyes from Mello's childish behavior.

" What, why not?! (Y/N) totally likes you back!" Matt says, a bit too loud for L's liking. " I am not good with my emotions. How would I even express those feelings to them if I wanted to?"

Mello and Matt looked at each other and grinned.
" Don't worry. We'll help you!"

           ╚────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.──────╝

MELLO'S ATTEMPT

" Are you positive this is going to work?" " Of course it's going to work, I saw it in a movie once! (Y/N)'s going to be all over you once I finish."

L was currently sat on Matt's bed, Mello spiking his hair up with gel. " And...you're done! Take a look in the mirror."

Standing up, L walked towards the mirror in Matt and Mello's room and was shocked. Mello had dressed him in red-plaid pants with chains attached at the pockets, a black band shirt and a studded black leather jacket with patches on the sleeves and back.

His bare feet had been placed into black high-topped boots with more chains attached. L's hair was spiked up and his eyes had been covered in black makeup. He looked, for lack of a better word, like a punk.

" What do ya think? Pretty cool right?" Mello asked, proud of his work. Not wanting to hurt the boy's feelings, L nodded.

" Now, we're going to go find (Y/N), and you're going to go up to them and say, " (Y/N)! You, me, and a movie Friday night!" And you give them a smirk. Got it?"

L repeated the sentence over in his head. " And that will work?" Mello grinned excitingly and nodded.
" Of course! Trust me."

They exited the room and walked towards your bedroom. L felt nervousness bubble up in his stomach as they approached your door.

Mello knocked and waited for your answer, the sound of your footsteps causing L's heart rate to increase.

Opening the door to your room, you observed L's outfit and your eyes widened in shock. " L? I uh, I like your outfit." You heard Mello snicker next to him and you rolled your eyes.

" Did you do this to him?" He nodded. " Doesn't he look cool?" Nodding your head, you turn your attention back towards L.

" Come on, say what we practiced before." Whispered Mello into L's ear. He took a deep breath before looking at you.

" Umm, (Y/N). You, me and a movie Friday night?"
" The smirk! Don't forget the smirk." Mello whisper-shouted.

L gave you a sheepish grin and Mello facepalmed.
" No not like that!" You rolled your eyes at Mello's childish antics and was about to close your door when he stopped you.

" Wait! You didn't answer his question!" You scoffed.
" Quit messing with me and roping him into it! Sorry that you had to deal with that L." You gave a sympathetic smile before closing your door.

" Well that didn't work. Sorry man."

╚────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.──────╝