1. Trying To Handle Everything

8th June, 2022:
5am in the morning-

Priya was lying on her bed. She was caressing her tummy and thinking about her Mr. Kapoor at the same time. His sad, betrayed, angry face came in front of her. Then the way Shivi said her last "I love you" to him, how he was crying while holding Shivi's lifeless body came in front of her eyes. Shivi's painful death had been haunting her since the past 3 days.

"Shivi, you didn't deserve it. You were my sister. I love you, I'll always do. You were Mr. Kapoor's first child. You'll always be that. I couldn't protect you dear. I couldn't. You'll always be special to me. You were so happy when you thought I was pregnant. And you couldn't see your nephew/niece....you had to go away from us like that. I cannot even imagine what Mr. Kapoor and his family had been going through. Akki? How's he? Is he okay? No how can he be okay? You're not with him. How can he be okay? I'm sorry Shivi. Your Pri di failed to save you. I thought getting you married to Akki will make you happy and save your life. But I was wrong. My home became a curse to you which took away your life. Ishaan will do something like that maine socha bhi nahi tha...I'm sorry Shivi. I'm sorry", she thought.

"Mr. Kapoor I wanted to tell you about our child. Trust me. But your mom. She can't forgive me. Aur kaise karengi? My family took away two most favourite people of your family. That's why she doesn't want me. Or our child. But your mom threatened me Mr. Kapoor. What should I do? Mujhe pata nahi...nahi pata mujhe. You left that day when she told you that there won't be any paternity test. Can I trust you with our child? I don't know. You believed my lie so easily, you believed her so easily. What if she's saying the truth that you'll never look at our child the same way as our child will always remind you of Shivi's death and our child will grow up in a home. I feel helpless Mr. Kapoor. Please God help me. I don't know how to save my child. Can I do this alone? Where will I go? What will happen after my baby is born? What will I do? I don't know. I don't know. Mr. Kapoor I love you more than myself. That's why I hid the truth of my kidnapping from you. I wanted you to know the truth about your dad's death. I wanted you to get closure. But life had another plan for us. I just want you to be okay. I promise to keep our child safe. I know you would have been the best father to our baby but how do I tell you the truth? Will you believe me? Can you forgive me? Do I even deserve forgiveness? I don't know.", she thought.

She was crying heavily. Her vision was so blurry and her mind was so cloudy that she didn't realize a pair of eyes were watching her intently. Those eyes were also teary, painfully sad but somehow one look at her created a little spark in them. "Priya", she heard a voice. Her most favourite voice in the whole world. Priya turned her head towards that direction from where the voice came. She literally sat up with a jerk.

"Careful", again she heard. She took a deep breath and started wiping her tears with her fingers. Then she looked up and saw her favourite blue blue green green pair of eyes looking at her but sadly they looked pain-stricken. She walked slowly towards him looking downwards.
Ram: How are you?
Priya(barely audible): Fine.
Tears again started flowing from her eyes.
Ram pulled out a tissue and forwarded it to her.
Ram: Tissue?
Priya looked up and she couldn't help but smile a little. She took the tissue from his hand and started wiping her tears.
Priya: Why are you here? For the paternity test? Don't you believe me? I cheated on you.
Ram: No. I'm not here for the paternity test.
Priya: Then?
Ram: First to see you and get you out of here. And second to tell you that I'm going to start an investigation on Shivi's accidental death.
Priya was shocked.
Priya: Wh...who....what?
Ram nodded. Determination was written on his face.
Ram: 15 years pehle ki galti phir nahi repeat karunga main. I'm sorry for how I behaved with you that day. I know tum galti se bhi aisi galti nahi kar sakti. Tum kisi ko chot nahi pohochaogi...itni impulsive tum nahi ho. I need the truth. For my child. For my Shivi. She deserves justice and I'll give it to her. I know you're taking the blame of someone on yourself cause tum toh aisi hi ho. Jinse pyaar karti ho kuch bhi karogi unke liye.
Priya: I told you that I cheated on you yet you want to get me out of here?
Ram: I don't know what to think or believe. I just know I can't keep you here in this condition. I don't care who's child this is...I don't care who the father is...I just know both of you don't deserve to be here. You can decide what you want to do after you're out of here. If you want me or not, if you want Krish or not, if you want any of us or not, you can decide that but please don't be stubborn right now. I can't put your life at risk too after Shivi. I couldn't save dad, I couldn't save Shivi....I refuse to take risk with you. You've taken enough life risk already!
And to be honest Priya I don't trust anything you say right now. I know you lied about who pushed Shivi, I know it isn't you. That's it. Samajh ke kiya rakkha hai tumne mujhe ke sab kuch jaane dunga aise? Don't I deserve to know who's the reason that my Shivi isn't here anymore? Kaise kiya Priya mere saath aisa? Kisko bacha rahi ho? You're doing the same thing your mother did...and for your information, I know you are not in talking terms with your mother because she hid the truth from me....toh yeh kiya hai? Why these double standards Priya? Doesn't Shivi deserve Justice?
Ram stopped as he could feel his anger rising, and his BP increasing. He went from there and came back with a bottle of water in his hand and popped his anxiety pill.
Ram: I'm sorry I didn't want to get angry with you.
Priya: You are still apologizing to me? Because of me Shivi died.
Ram: I can't give anyone else's punishment to you. I know for a fact that you didn't to anything like that. But why you took someone else's blame is a mystery to me for which I want answers. Tum toh bataogi nahi. Fine I'll hire a PI. I'm not appointing Krish as I'm not in that headspace to handle that bastard right now. You'll be out of here Priya.
Priya: Don't do this please. I'm telling you that I pushed Shivi, I cheated on you but you're adamant.
Ram: I already told you that I don't trust you. Again you didn't choose me Priya. Again! And I'm still here because I love you. And that's enough reason for me to get you out of here. I can't see you in this state. You didn't even think that how my state will be because you're not there with me when I needed you the most. Who's selfish here now? How many times do I have to prove myself to you, to my family? How many Priya? They never considered me as their own. I thought you love me but you're also doing the same. Why? You're the one who stood up for me that day when they called me 'sautela'....maybe I'm not enough, maybe I'm unworthy of love, maybe I couldn't assure you enough to trust me. And it's okay Priya. Truly it's okay. Yeh hi karta aaya hoon puri zindagi. Ab bhi karunga. I love you and I'll do everything in my power to protect you. And....your child. And to be honest I don't think you cheated on me and I don't know what to really believe right now. All of this is just too much for me. First Alibaug, then Varun and MS, then your mother, Shivi's death, you in jail aur kitna sehna padega mujhe Priya? Batado mujhe at least I'll have some information.
Anyways, it doesn't matter. What I need to be okay right now is that you chose your family over me again.
Priya couldn't take it anymore.
"No! Mr. Kapoor would never risk our child's life! Even if he hates me for hiding the truth of Shivi's death. His mom doesn't know him. I know him. He'll take care of our child and I can make him understand that our child isn't safe in that house. He can give our child the protection I'll never be able to. Even if I leave with our baby is there any guarantee that our child will be safe? I can't trust her. The risks are too high at this time. I can't deprive him of his happiness if being a father even if that means for me to endure lifetime imprisonment! No no no. Priya think straight! Your child's life in on the line because of you today! If you didn't take the blame on yourself his mom could never blackmail you. It's on you if something happens! What'll you do then? You're risking your child's life and Mr. Kapoor's too! Your lies will break him completely! What more this man can take!", Priya thought.
Priya(looking straight into his eyes): I didn't choose my family over you this time.
Ram: What do you mean? You took the blame for someone.
Priya: I called you that day you didn't receive my call. I told you but maybe you didn't hear it.
Ram: What are you talking about Priya? Clearly bolo. Kiski baat kar rahi ho.
Priya: I didn't choose my family over you. I chose Our Child over you Mr. Kapoor.
Ram stared at her blankly. His face became whitish. He felt like someone gave him an electric shock. He couldn't believe what he heard. He stood there like a stone. He felt like he's not breathing.
Priya shook him a little by touching his hand.
Priya: Mr. Kapoor? Are you okay? Do you need a doctor? Should I call someone? Is Tarun here. Please talk to me. Please.
Ram tried to stand steadily holding the bars of the cell. He rested his head on the bars and started breathing heavily.
Priya got really scared seeing his condition. She started sniffling.
Priya: Are you okay? Please answer me.
Ram: Hmm.
Priya: I'm sorry. You can do the paternity test to be sure. I've no problem with it. Result toh woh hi aayega toh maine aapko bataya as I've never cheated on you. This is your baby. Our baby, Mr. Kapoor. You can do the paternity test if you don't believe me.
Ram(finally looking up): I'm not doing that I already told you. And it is not surprising to me that you lied to me again! And this time it is too harsh! You lied about our baby! Whyy?
I feel tired Priya. I don't have the energy to handle any of this! I just want you both out of here. So please tell me why did you lie to me? As I know this much that you'll never lie about our child if there's no big reason behind this! Please be honest right now I'm just trying to handle this pathetic situation right now.

"Priya! Tell him! Tell him! The risks are too high! He's not well! This decision of your's will risk both of your husband and child's life.", Priya thought.

Priya: Will you believe me if I tell you that I was blackmailed to lie to you?
Ram was taken aback. His face went blank.
Ram(barely audible): What?
Priya: Will you believe me if I tell you that I was blackmailed to lie to you?
It took Ram some seconds to believe what he actually heard.
Ram: Someone blackmailed you to lie to me about our baby? What? Who? When?
Priya started looking downwards again.
Ram: Priya? Please! Tell me. Who did this?
Priya: Do you trust me?
Ram was getting restless and irritated.
Ram: Seriously? You're going to ask me this when you and our child is at life risk?
Priya: Because the truth is beyond your imagination. I'm just trying to save our child's life here. Believe me. I can't tell you if you do not trust me enough. Tell me that you trust me for this only I'm not asking you for anything else. And mean it when you tell me this.

"My baby! I'm the father! Priya would never lie to me for a lame reason! And that too for our baby? No no no. Someone definitely blackmailed her. I was dumb to believe her that day. She would never cheat on me. She hated her father her whole life for infidelity, for not taking responsibility. There's this one thing she'll never do. Trust her on this! Then maybe she'll tell you who pushed Shivi...My baby! Our baby is inside Priya. I can't risk their lives. No no. Trust her on this Ram. She's not like her mother. You know that very well.", Ram thought.

Ram sighed deeply.
Ram: I trust you Priya. I know you'll never risk our child's life. I'm sorry I was a fool to believe you that day. Tell me who did this?
Priya could sense belief in his voice. She looked at him, terrified of telling the truth.
Priya: Your mom came before you that day here. To meet me.
Ram(a smile came on his sad face): Oh! Mom came? She didn't tell me. She was really happy Priya. Really happy that you're pregnant.
Priya smiled back at him.
Priya: Oh she was happy. I see. Very well...did she tell you what we talked about?
Ram(frowned): No. Priya she's devastated as we all are for Shivi. She didn't talk much. Why?
Priya: But she told me a lot of thing Mr. Kapoor. A lot.
Ram: What do you mean? She told you what? Does she know that you didn't push Shivi. Maybe she believes you didn't. Maybe she also have doubts. Is that it?
Priya smiled again.
Priya: This is why I didn't wanna tell you. I don't want you to choose between me and your family.
Ram finally realized what Priya was actually trying to indicate.
Ram: What? You think my mom blackmailed you? Wha...what? Why...how can think like that Priya! Why would she blackmail you about our child?
Priya just stared at him with a little smile.
Priya: You can believe what you want. You can decide for yourself. I think I've taken enough decisions for you. But this time the decision is yours. I'll tell you if you want to listen. Then you can decide for yourself.
Ram stared at her blankly. He knew Priya was telling the truth. Her eyes screamed her sincerity, her voice conveyed truthfulness, her sad little smile told him that she felt helpless.
Ram: Bolo Priya. I want to listen.

Priya tried to take deep breaths to gather the courage to tell him everything but her head suddenly started spinning, her eyes gave up, her tight hold on the bar loosened and she fainted....

What I'm doing? Why am I doing this to myself? I just way too frustrated at this point! Nothing about the show makes sense anymore yaar! Absolutely nothing!

Anyways, did you like the chapter? Let me know please....