|⚔︎|-| IV |-| IX & X |

•-| 🐺 |-•

- IV | IX -
( The Watchers on the Wall )

———

Aston walks up the council steps to meet back up with Barristan. The man can see the stress on the Stark's face, he pats the man's shoulder.

BARRISTAN: "You did the right thing, Aston. She's upset with Jorah and she's confused about you and the entire situation."

ASTON: "I told the truth."

BARRISTAN: "I know you did... and does she. She just needs time to think."

ASTON: "What do I do, Barri?"

BARRISTAN: "You go get her, that's what."

ASTON: "You just said to give her time."

BARRISTAN: "That's most women, but you and I both know she's not like most women."

ASTON: "No, she certainly is not." he said chuckling.

BARRISTAN: "Exactly... I think you need to prove to her she can trust you."

Aston starts thinking to himself.

ASTON: "Thank you."

Aston smiles before running down the hall to catch up to Daenerys. This leather armor adds weight to his steps as he approaches the Queen and Missandei.

ASTON: "Dany? Can we please talk?"

Missandei left them alone, knowing how crucial this was for them. Daenerys stops walking.

DAENERYS: "Yes, we can."

ASTON: "In private?"

DAENERYS: "Sure."

Her attitude didn't show one of hate towards him, he assumed she felt wary and hurt... which was totally understandable. The pair walk to their room in silence. Daenerys sits on a chair that's placed in front of the fireplace. Aston stands in front of her. She looks at the ground with a blank expression. Aston unsheathed his sword and kneeled before her, placing the sword on the ground in between them. He lowers his head and waits for something, anything.

DAENERYS: "What are you doing?"

ASTON: "I'm bending the knee... again."

DAENERYS: "Why? You already did that?"

ASTON: "I'm showing you you can trust me, Daenerys. I will kneel and bend the knee to you everyday, even when I'm old and wrinkly with excruciating knee pain to show you my trust and loyalty. If you need that visual and physical reasurrence, I'll do it... I'll do anything for you, Queen Daenerys... anything... until the day I die."

She leans down in her chair and places her small fingers under his chin, she tilts his face up. They lock eyes, they're both teary, they chuckle when they realize just how much this means to them both.

DAENERYS: "Thank you, Aston. I just felt so... scared when I thought you lied to me like he did. I was so afraid you betrayed me, Aston. I couldn't even think probably, it's like my world came crashing down, my heart sank."