My new house - the shoe box

When Tommy woke up, he just wanted to go back to sleep again. Somehow, he didn't feel like he'd just slept for several hours, but instead like he had ran all the way to the orphanage and back again - without drink breaks.

Tommy tried to think. Last night had been quite blurry, but he remembered that he'd found a house that didn't let him in, and that he'd sneaked into a shed.
And it seemed like something had woke him up.

Laboriously, Tommy raised his head and looked up.

In the doorway to the storage room stood a teenager, presumably about a year older than himself. He had blue pants, a yellow long-sleeved shirt, and a genuinely kind face with curly brown hair.

The boy stared into the storeroom with wide eyes and open mouth. At first Tommy didn't understand what the guy was looking at. Then it hit him that he was here - a small gray pile of fur on the floor that the guy probably didn't want there. But in that case, the boy should yell at him or at least look angry. But the boy only took careful steps towards him, mumbling in a soothing voice:

"You can stay calm, I'm not dangerous. Can I take a photo off you, little guy?"

Hold up. Did the guy seriously think he was cute?

The idea had never crossed Tommy's mind before, but when he thought more about it, he knew that many children would be excited if a small forest animal came into their storeroom overnight.

Could he use this to his favor? When Tommy thought off it, he wasn't sure his paw would heal natuarlly if he kept running around like this.
Tommy bet everything on one card. He let out a whimpering sound and moved his front paw a little, just so the human could see his wound.

The boy took a deep breath before appearing to think. After a few moments he disappeared again, and closed the door.

Would the boy leave him here? Wasn't he cute enough, or had he thought Tommy was mad at him when he grinned?

Tommy wanted so badly to run away as far as he could to a safe place, but that was the problem - he could barely stand up. The wound ached, and he wasn't sure how long it had been since he had eaten. A day? Two?

After a few minutes, Tommy heard footsteps. He couldn't pull himself together, but just looked up at his visitors.

It was the boy again, and this time he had an adult with him. In his hand, the boy held a shoebox.
 The man was wearing a green and white striped bucket hat, green sweater and black pants. On his feet sat a pair of leather boots, and behind him spread two black wings.

The two men entered and crouched by Tommy, or the raccoon as they saw.

"Good that you found him, Wilbur. He's weak and injured, but I think he has chances of survival, if we just feed him and maybe take him to the vet."

Carefully the man picked Tommy up and put him in the shoe box and walked out of the shed and up to the house. Tommy didn't protest, even though the box wobbled, despite the wing-man's efforts to keep it as still as possible.

The front door opened, and for the first time in a long time Tommy found himself inside a home, not just some random store or worse, the orphanage. 

Tommy liked this house. It was warm and smelled of food.

The man set Tommy down in a room that must have been the kitchen. A new boy, this one with his light pink hair in a braid, came up to the shoe box.

"I hate to admit it Wilbur, but you weren't even exaggerate. Primes, that little creature is cute."

Wilbur smiled an overly beaming smile at the other boy, then reached out to pat Tommy, but he didn't have time. A hand grabbed Wilbur's and pulled it back.