Harry had never had troubles talking boys with Des. He didn't even need to come out for his dad to know. He was six when he asked him why the sister of the boy he liked called him names, and Des had been quick to tell him that these names didn't define him no matter who he chose to like, and to never feel ashamed for not liking girls like his friends did.

He had taught his children about boys, feelings wise and beyond, when they reached their respective age of curiosity, and didn't hesitate to look up how it'll work out for Harry, giving a completely different speech to his son and his daughter, with the same conclusion.

Anne wasn't as comfortable at first but quickly understood when she heard him talk about boys and girls from school and the difference in his voice or the smiles he had. It didn't make him any less of a wonderful child, so she accepted it as well.

Harry felt more than comfortable sharing everything with his dad. From his crush in middle school to his broken heart a few months ago. His dad had heard every story and every date and every feeling Harry could have or question, and would always give the best advice without ever judging his son.

So of course Des knew Diego very well, and he really was a nice guy, so he had no problem welcoming him in his home and treating him like his own son.

Everyone gathered progressively around the table and Harry sat next to Diego, facing his sister. Des was at one end between his children and Jay on the other between Lottie and the guest.

When Louis arrived after everyone, he spotted the extra chair added next to Gemma and faked a smile when Diego said hello, not very pleased to see him again.

"That's delicious !" The guest mumbled when he took a second bite of Jay's meal. She blushed and was about to start a deep conversation about cooking mussels, but Des coughed so she became very aware that he might not be into this sort of discussion.

They spend the whole dinner talking about Diego and his father and what it's like to live abroad and how he and Harry share the same passion for languages and long documentaries...

It's going just fine. Except for the looks Louis has been giving Harry's friend the whole time.

He uses a rude tone when he asks tricky questions, forcing awkward silences on the table even his mom can't keep from happening. He started to get annoyed at all the attention Harry's ex boyfriend was getting by his own family, rolling his eyes every time he spoke, and Harry's pretty sure it wasn't an accident when he dropped the salt holder in his bowl, splashing bouillabaisse all over his Persian green shirt and insisted he thought Diego was catching it already.

When Harry grabbed a napkin to dry him off and started rubbing his chest, not really thinking it through, Louis kicked Harry's shin, and that's one thing Harry hadn't expected to feel ever again.

"So Diego, how was summer camp back then? I'm sure it was incredible given the area." Jay asks.

"It was...interesting...very wild...the nature I mean." Diego chuckles, eyeing Harry to share a knowing look of what went down in the cabins at night. "We spent most days in the creeks, went hiking so much we could practically walk all the way home, and I still know how to make macramé bracelets in a snap !"

"S'not like it's the hardest thing to do..." Louis mutters, all sassy like.

"Louis !" Jay scolds, so he goes to fix his fringe before realizing he had a quiff, and it seemed to make him even more pissed off.

They finish the diner shortly after and Diego makes plans to come back to chat with Jay about choosing the best shellfishes to cook...She was just very persuasive and he was very polite.