The one time I was away and there had been no morning call, it had resulted in three of my six boys to be asleep till three in the afternoon with no care in the world.

Well, one could always hope that they would grow up and out of their immaturity.

Coming to the end of the corridor and jumping down the winding set of stairs, my sneakers met the hardwood floor of the living room.

Set off to my right and facing away from the glass wall, there was a set of white couches and bean bags facing the T.V. and surrounding a small coffee table in the center.

Either side of the couches was a wall adorned with pictures of the boys with their own parents, their high school and college buddies, and with each other.

I shifted my gaze from the living room, and walked to the kitchen to my left.

Entering it, I saw a lean and beautiful figure already busied in preparation of the breakfast. The sight of her made a warmth course through me and a smile automatically slipped into my face.

“Good morning, Lyn.”

Lynsey looked up from her cooking and smiled at me after her hazel eyes met my brown ones.

“Hey, Shawn. I just got started with the pancakes. You start chopping the fruits so that once I am done with these, I will work on the custard.”

Hiding my grimace, I nodded my consent and went to the fridge to get started with some fruits.

Being responsible of all the boys meant taking care of their immense appetite.

I wasn’t the best of cooks, so I was glad when after years of torturous cooking, Lynsey had finally stepped in and taken over the rule of the kitchen.

Now, I was just an assistant for all the small tasks.

Walking over to the slab, I took a knife and started cutting the apples.

Lynsey and I had been working in the kitchen together for four years now from the time she dropped out of her boarding school in Chicago and decided to come live with her non-identical twin brother in Britain.

I had never seen her before she came here. She and her brother were placed under the care of Jordan after their parents died and I hadn’t been there to see them as I had been off on their trail.

When I had come back after two years of unsuccessful search, Lyn had been sent away to live with her aunt as none of us knew how to take care of a girl.

Later, she had been sent to a boarding school from where she came here after her she-wolf signs got triggered.

The first time I set my eyes on her, I just knew that she was the one.

She wasn’t hot as some fools would describe her as. She was beautiful.

Her face had a sweet look to it and her lips always had a soft smile on it. Her hair fell in loose curls a little past her shoulder. They were natural curls (thank god for that) and not artificially done in a hair salon like some girls do. Why do they even do that? It makes them look as if they have tangled wires on their head.

What made me instantly fall for her, however, were her eyes. They had a soft glow in them and her gaze always held amusement and firmness.

Talk about corny.

“Shawn!”

I was jerked out of my thoughts by her loud voice.

“Yeah, what?”

“What were you thinking? This was the third time I took your name.”

“M-Must have just spaced out.” I replied sheepishly, scratching the back of my neck in my nervousness.