|⚔︎|-| IV |-| VII & VIII |

•-| 🐺 |-•

- IV | VII -
( Mockingbird )

———

The sun is rising, Aston is standing in the main hall looking out at the golden rays covering the city. He sips on tea while taking in the morning warmth.

BARRISTAN: "Good morning, Aston."

ASTON: "Barristan! Good morning to you too."

BARRISTAN: "How's Daenerys and Eddrick?"

ASTON: "They're great. Daenerys is getting ready and Eddrick is currently with Syra. Daenerys says we should allow him to get to know Syra... which makes sense but I just want to spend times like these with him."

Barristan smiles at the Stark as he stands next to him, sharing the moment.

BARRISTAN: "Aston, I just wanted to say how happy I am when I see the three of you together. After I heard the news of your father's death and the punishments Joffrey put you through, all I wanted for you was to find peace. And seeing you with them showd me you are at peace. I'm sure you think about your Father, Mother and Robb daily but Eddrick helps you keep yourself sane and healthy."

ASTON: "Thank you, Barristan. You forgot to mention yourself by the way. You helped me, Selmy. You were quite literally the only person I trusted in King's Landing other than my family. You helped me escape, you helped me grieve my father's death, you were there by my side when we joined Stannis and... when he betrayed us, you helped us join Daenerys and free us from Maghaz. Barristan, you helped me become the man I am, both you and my father did that. I see you as a father figure, Selmy... nothing less. I mean you are a great swordsman and you are still a Knight in my books... actually you're still a Knight in many people's books."

BARRISTAN: "Aston... I see you like a son. And I did all of those things because I wanted to, I didn't have to but I did because I wanted to."

ASTON: "Thank you, Barristan."

The two men hug tightly, both savoring the moment.

SYRA: "Good morning, Ser Barristan."

Syra walks in with Eddrick in her arms, he smiles when he sees Aston.

ASTON: "How is he?"

SYRA: "He's perfect as always!"

ASTON: "Thank you so much, Syra."

SYRA: "Anytime, Lord Stark."

Aston holds Eddrick, the boy laughs and chuckles bring in Aston's arms.

———

Aston and Daenerys are in the council hall on top of the stairs. They stand stoically waiting for the Gladiators to enter.

ASTON: "Thank you, Dany."

DAENERYS: "For what?"

ASTON: "Allowing them helmets and beautiful ones at that."

DAENERYS: "Of course, Ast. They deserve it... speaking of, I have something waiting for you back in our room."

ASTON: "Wow, there's a bit to unpack from that... one, you have something for me and two, "our room". I like sound of them both."