𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 - 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤-𝐨𝐫-𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭

Start bij het begin

"it's 7:30?" arlo questioned, earning a nod from the older boy. "shit! shit! why didn't you wake me sooner?!" she yelled as she dropped the cereal box, running straight up the stairs and into her room.

"i thought you were ready!" steve quickly reasoned, raising his voice so that the girl would be able to hear him. "you might be late, but you know they're gonna wait for you!"

arlo rolled her eyes, even if steve was right. she quickly pulled her nike crewneck off, struggling for a few seconds before throwing it onto her bed. she then rummaged through her shirt drawer, trying to find a plain white t-shirt. when she couldn't find it, she settled for a black one instead, quickly pulling it over her head and slipping her arms through. she then kicked off her nike blazers, somehow tripping over one as she ran over to her closet. she let out a bunch of profanities once she hit the floor, a loud thud echoing through the house.

"lo?" steve's worried voice boomed from downstairs.

"i'm okay!" she assured as she shot up from the floor. she quickly grabbed her dirty converse that were at the bottom of her closet, slipping them on and tying them up. she then cuffed her jeans, smiling as she did so. she quickly stood up, looking at her reflection in the mirror that was on her closet door. she quickly tucked her shirt into her jeans. she then turned around, looking for something to carry her candy in. her eyes landed on the pillows on her bed. "fuck it." she mumbled, going over to her bed. she quickly grabbed one of the pillows, grabbing the ends of the pillowcase before she shook her pillow out.

once it was out, she crumbled the pillowcase up. she quickly made her way out her room and to the stairs. she sat her butt on the railing, sliding down it with ease before she landed on her feet. steve turned around from the couch and looked at her, smiling when he saw her fully dressed. it wasn't much, but he could tell that she was trying to be a greaser. he walked over to her, dressed in all black with a pair of ray-bans sunglasses hanging from his shirt. arlo smiled, knowing that he was going as tom cruise's character from risky business. nancy was gonna be dressed as rebecca de mornay's character.

"you ready?" steve asked, eyebrows raised as he placed the glasses onto his face. arlo simply nodded, walking over to the door, grabbing a jean jacket as she did so.

the duo got into steve's car, the boy basically taking off like he was a professional race car driver. arlo immediately buckled her seat belt, looking at her brother like he was crazy -- because if it wasn't obvious, steve was not a professional fucking race car driver. the whole car ride was filled with arlo telling the older harrington to slow the fuck down, in that exact way. steve had told her to calm down multiple times, telling her that she should be used to this since he literally drove like that all the time. which wasn't a complete lie. they had gotten to the wheelers in under fifteen minutes, arlo slapping steve's arm.

"ow! ow! i'm sorry! we were both late, okay?! i was supposed to pick nancy up 30 minutes ago! i'm sorry!" steve quickly apologized, trying to move away from arlo's slaps, but she only followed him.

"learn how to slow the fuck down! you're gonna hurt yourself one day." arlo scolded, sounding just like their mother.

"have fun, okay? make sure the boys don't do anything stupid." steve told her.

"that's literally what i always do." arlo mumbled as she climbed out of the car. she smiled when she saw mike, lucas, dustin, and percy all standing in front of mike's house. nancy had just came from inside, sending arlo a smile as she ran past her. arlo walked over to the boys, percy looking like the odd one out. "percy, who are you supposed to be."

"apollo forced me to wear his old clothes so i can be a rockstar." percy mumbled, obviously annoyed about the fact that he couldn't be dressed as what he wanted.