I walked out of the bathroom and looked to my left, towards the road to be met with a black van. It seemed oddly suspicious, but nothing out of the ordinary. I mean, there was no one in there anyways. One of the baseball-obsessed families probably owns it.

I made my way back to see Finney with Robin and Gwen, he seemed a bit down.

"Hey Finney," I smiled at him, going in for a hug. "Game's already finished?" I questioned as he wrapped his arms around my neck. I snaked my arms around his waist, hugging him tightly, resting my head into the crook of his neck.

"They lost, Maxine," Gwen spoke, disappointed laced in her tone.
I pulled back slightly to view Finney's face, my arms still wrapped around his waist. "You still did amazing out there, Finney."

"I wish I did, I looked up and saw my lucky charm was gone and everything when downhill from there," he shrugged before removing his arms from my neck.

"Who's house are we going to?" Robin asked, changing the subject and snaking his right arm around my neck.

"Dad's at work till 11 tonight," Gwen spoke, directing it towards Finney. "Well, we can head to our house then. I have this new rocket that I think you guys would like!" Finney spoke excitingly, heading off. We all followed after his trail, like a paperboy's dog on an early morning bike ride, Robin's arm still wrapped around me.

——————————————————————

2 Weeks Ago

"Thank you so much for the pizza," Robin spoke, standing up from his chair and going over to the sink, placing his plate into it.

He began to grab the kitchen sponge before my mother spoke, "No honey, you're our guest. I got it," she smiled, getting up and placing her own dish into the sink. She lightly gripped onto his shoulder, "thank you though."

He smiled at her before making his way towards the couch next to Danny, watching The New Fantastic Four. My mother waved me over to her, a large smile placed on her face.

"He's a real sweetheart," she spoke as I handed my dish over to her. "Yeah, he really is," I smiled, directing my attention towards the boy who was now tickling my younger brother and whispering something to him.

"Sooo, do you like him?" she questioned, raising her brows tauntingly. I quickly snapped my focus back onto my mother, rolling my eyes. "No ma, I just met him! Plus, I already told you, I'm-" I was once again cut off by my mother. "You're only fifteen and have other things to worry about, blah blah blah. If you end up liking him, or anyone else, I want you to let me know! It's important because as amazing as se-" I cut her off. "Please, just stop."

I quickly made my way over to the two boys, going to sit down next to Danny. Robin and him immediately sat up suspiciously. I cocked my head to the side, eyeing both of the frozen boys. "Anything going on?" I asked, keeping my eyes directly on Danny, earning a few "nope's" and "nuh uh's" from both of them.

"Mhm, okay," I spoke once again, removing my eyes from Danny and looking at Robin, who had been side eyeing me the entire time. Once eye contact was made, he quickly snapped his eyes towards the television.

"Hey Robin, it's almost ten," my mom spoke, remembering him telling us he wanted to head home before his mom got there so he could make her dinner.

He turned his body towards her direction, placing his chin onto the back of the couch and looking at my mother who was drying her hands off from cleaning the dishes. "Oh, thank you," he smiled at her before standing up.

"Thank you for having me over Miss Welbourne," he spoke, as he made his way towards the front door, alongside my mother. Danny and I made our way off of the couch and over to both of them. "Anytime, it was lovely having you over," she replied before handing him a paper plate with two slices of pizza on them, "for your mom."

He muttered a quick thank you before crouching down to Danny's height, smirking. "Remember our deal, wingman," he spoke, before both of them eyed me then looked back at each other.

Danny went in for a hug, gripping his shoulders and whispering something into his ear. Robin nodded at his words before standing up. "Have a good night, Max," he smiled, before turning around to open the front door.

I slightly smiled at the nickname before replying, "you too, Robin." Just then, I remembered him telling me about the missing boys and immediately gripped my right hand onto his right shoulder, "wait ma, do you think you could drive him home?" I questioned.
She raised one brow in question. Robin turned around as I removed my hand from his shoulder. I continued my sentence, "there's been some kidnapped boys lately, I just want to make sure he gets home safe."

"It's honestly fine, I live a few houses down," he quickly responded. "No no, Maxine has a good point. I'll go get my keys. Danny, go up and get ready for bed. Maxine, walk Robin out please," my mother smiled before turning away.

Danny ran his way upstairs as we both walked out. Silence arose immediately as we awkwardly made our way towards my mother's car, standing on the passenger's side.

"Hey," Robin spoke, breaking the silence, "would you like to hang out with Finney and I tomorrow? We're thinking of having a movie night! You could invite Danny, considering his younger sister will also be there."

"I would love to," I responded, directing my eyes from the ground towards his. In all honesty, he was very attractive and it was quite hard to look away.

My mother cleared her throat, unlocking the car and gaining both of our attentions. "Ready to go?" she asked, trying to hide her small smirk. "Oh, yeah. See you tomorrow, Max," he smiled before reaching his hand out to shake mine.

"See ya," I smiled back, returning the small hand shake. That was the start of her forever changed life.

Little did she know, all of the things she would soon love, would be taken away from her.