Harry and Uncle Vernon looked at each other which clearly said 'do you really think I'd rescue you?' Harry shook his head and carried on, "You've got to go into hiding and the Order wants to help. You're being offered serious protection, the best there is."

Our Uncle tried to argue his way into getting Kingley guarding him, but I finally snapped when he said he deserved the best protection.

"You see all those accidents and explosions the news say about every night?" I demanded, gesturing at the covered television set. "All these disappearances are because of him, and he kills muggles for fun—and I know some of the Death Eaters and they will kill anybody in their way! Even the fog is dangerous—it's a sign of dementors, just ask your son about them!"

Dudley's hands jerked upward to tower his mouth. With everybody staring at him, he asked"There are... more of them?"

"More?" laughed Harry. "More than the two that attacked us, you mean? Of course there are hundreds, maybe thousands by this time, seeing as they feed off fear and despair—"

"All right, all right," spluttered our Uncle. "You've both made your point."

"I hope so," said Harry, "because once we're seventeen, all of them Death Eaters, and possibly animated corpses will be able to find you and will certainly attack you. And if you remember the last time you tried to outrun wizards, I think you'll agree you need help."

I almost smiled at the story Harry told me about Hagrid smashing a door down to tell him he was a wizard.

"But what about my work? What about Dudley's school? I don't suppose those things matter to a bunch of layabout wizards—"

"Don't you understand?" shouted Harry. "They will torture and kill you like they did my parents, and Rory's adoptive mum!"

"Dad," said Dudley in a loud voice, "Dad, I'm going with these Order people."

"Dudley," said Harry, "for the first time in your life, you're talking sense."

The battle was won, if Dudley wanted to leave, his parents were sure to follow. I checked my watch. "They'll be here in five minutes, make sure you have everything."

I tugged at Harry's sleeve, and the two of us vacated the room, sitting on the stairs with hands loosely intertwined. "It's weird, they're leaving, like forever. And not in the dying sense either."

"Yeah, makes a change." Harry chuckled. "But what do you say to somebody after loathing them for sixteen years?"

"You toss their suitcases out into the streets and sing 'Nobody mourns the Wicked' from Wicked." I replied, and catching each other's eyes, we laughed until our sides began to hurt.

"It all starts once they leave, everything will get scary." Harry said, his smile fading. "Want to back out?"

"Not in a million years, because one day my dear brother, we are going to road trip America and visit the biggest ball of string." I said fondly, resting my head on his shoulder.

"That sounds nice."

"It does."

The doorbell rang and a small man with a top hat greeted us next to a tall brown haired woman I'd seen at the Order.

"Harry Potter!" Dedalus cried. "And his sister, Aurora! An honour, as always!"

"It's really good of you to do this... Thank you... They're through here, our aunt and uncle and cousin..."

"Good day to you, Harry Potter's relatives!" said Dedalus happily striding into the living room. The Dursleys did not look at all happy to be addressed like this.